• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,529 posts in this topic

Nice pick ups!

Thanks, Tim.

The two slabs came from Worldwide comics and based on the NCB handling bends/dints on the covers I almost think that they were not pressed. :wishluck: Regardless, I paid just $5 more for the pair than the CGC 8.5 Mound City GL #18 went for so it was well worth it.

Edited by kimik

You are accumulating a high grade GL collections. (thumbs u

Thanks. Wish I had just jumped on a HG copy of SC #22 a couple of years ago now to complete the run! :cry:

Are you looking for a 7.0 and above? That foolkiller copy looks very sweet, maybe negotiate a better price. If the Green Lantern movie does well and if there is a sequel, all Green Lantern comics will do very well. (thumbs u

I am curious to see where this copy of GL #7 ends up:

GREEN LANTERN #7 1ST APP. SINESTRO SWEET BOOK 7.0-8.0

Looks very nice, but I wouldn't buy it because it is unslabbed...just my preference. If I see it in person, then I will place my bid. Someone can make out on this purchase or loose on this purchase. 2c

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Looks very nice, but I wouldn't buy it because it is unslabbed...just my preference. If I see it in person, then I will place my bid. Someone can make out on this purchase or loose on this purchase. 2c

It is not the grade stated either IMHO. Looks like there is rounding/chipping of the interior pages in the top right corner where the piece of the cover is missing as well. That being said, it is light years better than the past few POS low grade copies that have been auctioned on eBay.

It is not the grade stated either IMHO. Looks like there is rounding/chipping of the interior pages in the top right corner where the piece of the cover is missing as well. That being said, it is light years better than the past few POS low grade copies that have been auctioned on eBay.

Yes, that is the better looking copy I've seen on Ebay for some time. The usual suspect is always around a VG or less which my copies is also. ;)

Yes, that is the better looking copy I've seen on Ebay for some time. The usual suspect is always around a VG or less which my copies is also. ;)

Well, the final hammer was at $199 and a smidge so a strong price for a likely 5.5 to 6.0 at best copy. (thumbs u

Edited by kimik

Well, the final hammer was at $199 and a smidge so a strong price for a likely 5.5 to 6.0 at best copy. (thumbs u

Not a bad price for a 5.5 or 6.0. (thumbs u

This one came in lower than expected. Only thing I can think of is that the color fleck out of the bottom right corner and a small tear between the bottom two staples (manufactured with 2 sets of staples doh! ) did it in. I am going to call to see if there is something on the inside I missed.

scan0005.jpg

And last but not least, an unexpected PLOD surprise. Must be very minor (one or two spots) color touch as the previous owner and I could not detect it before. Luckily, I have since found a nicer copy for the collection. (thumbs u

scan0004.jpg

This one came in lower than expected. Only thing I can think of is that the color fleck out of the bottom right corner and a small tear between the bottom two staples (manufactured with 2 sets of staples doh! ) did it in. I am going to call to see if there is something on the inside I missed.

scan0005.jpg

Wow. very nice...white pager. Is there a one inch light crease in the bottom right corner?

Edited by showcase22gr1959