• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,527 posts in this topic

I didn't bid on anything because the baby my wife and I are expecting in May. I would have been all over some of those books otherwise. The #29 was pretty soft on final price too, I would have expected it to go for $1500-$1800. Black Hand is pretty big in the GL universe right now.

i know what you mean. I picked up a GL 29 9.0 on Comic Link. It has been originally listed for 400, then 350, then 300 all within 2 days....I bid 250 thinking it must be a motived seller and I got it.....I think I got a deal.

Just got carried way in an auction on Comic Connect and bought a GL 7 double cover in purported 6.5. Outer cover is 5.5 according to the description. Paid $717. Think I did ok?

Likely going to submit it to CGC. Any advice as to how to proceed with a double cover?

Would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sanj

Wow. The prices on this book in mid grade continue to amaze me. Just send it in to CGC and see what the result is. Who knows, you might end up with a higher grade on the interior cover. :wishluck:

The assigned grade will be for the inner cover, but they used to include a note on the label saying something like "Outer cover X.X, inner cover X.X" if I recall correctly. I have not subbed a double cover for a long time now.

The assigned grade will be for the inner cover, but they used to include a note on the label saying something like "Outer cover X.X, inner cover X.X" if I recall correctly. I have not subbed a double cover for a long time now.

They still do. But the big number on the label will refer to the inner cover.

Just got carried way in an auction on Comic Connect and bought a GL 7 double cover in purported 6.5. Outer cover is 5.5 according to the description. Paid $717. Think I did ok?

Likely going to submit it to CGC. Any advice as to how to proceed with a double cover?

Would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sanj

Congratulations, very nice purchase! :applause:

Green Lantern 1 CGC 9.4 up for sale at Heritage. I wonder what the hammer price will be. :makepoint:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7017&Lot_No=92193

hm

I agree. Looks more like a 9.2 to me as well. :devil:

All kidding aside, good luck with the sale, Tim. Here's hoping it hits someplace around $100K for you. :wishluck:

Edited by kimik

Tim's GL1 is on the back cover of Heritage auction catalog. :o

Didn't know that, that's pretty cool. One of the things that swung me to list it on Heritage over Clink was that Ed J promised it would get a full page spread in the catalog. Wasn't expecting it to get back cover exposure too.