• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,532 posts in this topic

hm That's something to think about.

Green Lantern is the only DC character I like and I would love to get GL #1

Green Lantern 1 since it's still more affordable than Showcase 22. (thumbs u

That's one of the reasons I want to get a GL #1 (thumbs u

The Mound City 9.0 got up to $3300 since there were three motivated bidders on it - me, another boardie, and the GL collector who was there just for those books. I bowed out at the $2500 mark on it, but those two chased it further. I sold my copy for less a couple of months ago on the boards via PM for more than this one, so the market seems to be a bit saturated for HG GL #7s right now with the 9.2 still listed on Clink. My guess is that if another 9.0 is offered for sale within the next two months it will go for less.

The Mound City 9.0 got up to $3300 since there were three motivated bidders on it - me, another boardie, and the GL collector who was there just for those books. I bowed out at the $2500 mark on it, but those two chased it further. I sold my copy for less a couple of months ago on the boards via PM for more than this one, so the market seems to be a bit saturated for HG GL #7s right now with the 9.2 still listed on Clink. My guess is that if another 9.0 is offered for sale within the next two months it will go for less.

I bid on the Mound copy, but stopped before $1500. That 9.2 is a fabulous copy on ComicLink and that 9.0 sold on ComicLink has great eye appeal.

I bid on the Mound copy, but stopped before $1500. That 9.2 is a fabulous copy on ComicLink and that 9.0 sold on ComicLink has great eye appeal.

The 9.2 is my old copy, and it fetched a whopping $1500 two or three years ago on Clink. lol

The 9.2 is my old copy, and it fetched a whopping $1500 two or three years ago on Clink. lol

That was tremendous price two or three years ago. Who would have known it would be worth so much more today.

That was tremendous price two or three years ago. Who would have known it would be worth so much more today.

Not really. I paid $5700 for the 9.6 copy in 2004, so working backwards from that price, $1500 for a 9.2 copy a few years after that was actually a good deal.

Of course, quite a few people at the time thought I had lost my mind to pay so much for a GL 7, and told me so! :/

Not really. I paid $5700 for the 9.6 copy in 2004, so working backwards from that price, $1500 for a 9.2 copy a few years after that was actually a good deal.

Of course, quite a few people at the time thought I had lost my mind to pay so much for a GL 7, and told me so! :/

I would think $5700 is quite bit for that book during that time. If you factor inflation the last seven years it would be considered $6500-6800 in 2010 dollars. In hindsight, when the Green Lantern movie was announced, every key GL has pretty much doubled. I assume you still have that copy right?

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I would think $5700 is quite bit for that book during that time. If you factor inflation the last seven years it would be considered $6500-6800 in 2010 dollars. In hindsight, when the Green Lantern movie was announced, every key GL has pretty much doubled. I assume you still have that copy right?

Nope, sold to Spunkydo a couple of years ago along with the rest of my GLs except for the #1.

Nope, sold to Spunkydo a couple of years ago along with the rest of my GLs except for the #1.

:makepoint:

He`s happy, I`m happy. (shrug)

The rumors of the demise of GL prices may have been greatly exaggerated.

Some strong prices in the Heritage weekly auction just now:

GL #17 9.4 W...............$776

GL #25 9.6 OW-W......$2629

Great price for the #25 in particular, considering how badly vertically centered it was.

Great price for the #25 in particular, considering how badly vertically centered it was.

Wow. That was a great price for the seller on that copy of #25. :applause:

Maybe you should have kept your GL1 Tim. GL1 is really picking-up steam. Your return is over 100% to you and that is impressive.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I have bought 2 GL 7's lately... both were raw...one was about a 6.5, pressed to a 7.5 and had cr/ow pages...sold for $750

the other is not a pressing candidate, so straight sub and it is a 7.5 with ow pages...some tire kickers at mega con, but no interest at $750... makes me wonder hm

I have bought 2 GL 7's lately... both were raw...one was about a 6.5, pressed to a 7.5 and had cr/ow pages...sold for $750

the other is not a pressing candidate, so straight sub and it is a 7.5 with ow pages...some tire kickers at mega con, but no interest at $750... makes me wonder hm

I think the prices have run up enough for now on GL #7. There has been a fairly steep haircut on 9.0 prices (basically 1/3rd drop) since the Mound City sale. My guess is that the next leg up will be smaller and not occur until closer to the movie.

I think the seller is very happy with the auction results on the GL #25 (thumbs u