• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,530 posts in this topic

Nice list. (thumbs u Has anyone noticed Green Lantern 87 has really been taken off lately. I'm trying to find a 9.6 upgrade copy, but it's going to cost almost $1K now.

#87 has been a big book in 9.6 for some time now. IIRC they're going well over $1K

(shrug)

No bargain in 9.6 for this hot book. Recent prices for 9.2 and 9.4 has been quite strong and looks like up 75%+ over a year ago.

It could go even higher if they have a John Stewart cameo in the movie.

Might be the time to add an extra copy. My copy is only a CGC 9.2. :hi:

I picked up 2 copies of GL #9 this past weekend at C2E2. i need to take some pics and post them. i spotted them on friday and they were still around on saturday so i picked both up one to slab and one to read.

OD

Nice list. (thumbs u Has anyone noticed Green Lantern 87 has really been taken off lately. I'm trying to find a 9.6 upgrade copy, but it's going to cost almost $1K now.

#87 has been a big book in 9.6 for some time now. IIRC they're going well over $1K

(shrug)

No bargain in 9.6 for this hot book. Recent prices for 9.2 and 9.4 has been quite strong and looks like up 75%+ over a year ago.

In the process of getting my first 9.2 copy of this book.

The 8.5 GL #1 did not break $5500 in the Clink focused auction tonight, which is down considerably from the last GPA sale ($9K+ change) but probably closer to what the true market value is for GL #1 right now (8.0s are $4-$4.5K books).

The 8.5 GL #1 did not break $5500 in the Clink focused auction tonight, which is down considerably from the last GPA sale ($9K+ change) but probably closer to what the true market value is for GL #1 right now (8.0s are $4-$4.5K books).

If it wasn't the light tan to off-white, it could have reached there. And that $9500 8.5 was during the peak last year. Ouch! :eek:

From what I have been able to piece together, there were one or two collectors chasing high grade GL runs last year that drove up prices on most books until the Mound City auctions. We have seen prices sag a bit since then most likely due to the fact that they are no longer in play. Hopefully the movie hype/success next year will bring more big spenders out for GL.

Edited by kimik

(shrug)

In the process of getting my first 9.2 copy of this book.

There is a 9.6 in the Quality comix auction this week, current bid is 187$

Some very nice GLs in the May Heritage auction which just went online, including a 9.4 #7. This copy is very nicely centered, and in that respect is superior to the 9.6 copy.

Will be interesting to see how these do.

Some very nice GLs in the May Heritage auction which just went online, including a 9.4 #7. This copy is very nicely centered, and in that respect is superior to the 9.6 copy.

i have to finish getting outbid on the books in pedigree's auction before i can focus on getting outbid on these.

Some of them are from the "Levittown Collection". Does anyone know the background on that?

Edited by kimik

Here are the only books I purchased at the Calgary show this weekend. There was another dealer/collector there that had a nice tight flat group of OO GLs for sale. Unfortunately, there was no copy of #76. The average grade was probably 7.5/8.0, and while I was interested in a deal on the whole run I decided to just stick with the couple that had slabbing potential. I also took the #52 since it was decent enough for the price.

GreenLantern52calgary.jpg

GreenLantern60calgary.jpg

GreenLantern64calgary.jpg

GreenLantern72calgary.jpg

I thought that the results were a bit mixed, to be honest. The highest graded earlier issues went for decent coin, but I kind of expected the #9 (1st Sinestro cover) and #6 (did not meet reserve) to go higher.

It was interesting to see the 9.4 GL #76 did not meet reserve or break $8K. It is a great looking copy, but I guess the lack of opportunity to maximize its value with a quick press and flip probably held it back.