• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,530 posts in this topic

Would my SC 23 be worth slabbing? I posted it in the grading forum so if you want to check it out and tell me yay or nay, that would be great.

From the scan...it looks like a 4.0 to 4.5. I love the nuclear explosion cover...just like my avatar. (thumbs u

So, would it be worth getting it graded? I'd use one of my coupons for it when I renew my membership at the beginning of June.

Depends. Are you planning on selling it? If so, then yes. If not, then why bother? Use your coupon to slab something you`re likely to sell.

The current Pedigree auction should give us a bit of an update on the strength of the early SA GL market:

SILVER AGE DC'S:

Although there are a few different titles represented in the auction, including a nice group of 9.4-9.8 Wonder Womans, the highlight is the Batman and Green Lantern runs from the early 1960's that will simply blow you away. The Batman group consists of 25 books, all in 9.0 and higher, most in 9.6 and higher, including the complete 20 book Pacific Coast run of #s 152 through 171. The Green Lantern group consists of 11 issues between #3 and #19, all but two in 9.4 and higher, with a few Pacific Coast issues. Almost every book in these two runs is the highest CGC graded copy with most being the single highest certified! Here is the complete list of the Batmans and Green Lanterns:

Green Lantern:

3 9.2

6 9.2

9 9.4

11 9.4

12 9.6

13 9.4

14 9.6

15 9.4 (Pacific Coast)

17 9.8 (Pacific Coast)

18 9.6 (Pacific Coast)

19 9.6 (Pacific Coast)

Thanks guys!

And if anyone can turn me on to a SC 24 in 6.0-8.0 let me know.

The Pedigree auctions look to be a very good indicator indeed. I will be trying to go for the #3 for sure.

Thanks guys!

And if anyone can turn me on to a SC 24 in 6.0-8.0 let me know.

The Pedigree auctions look to be a very good indicator indeed. I will be trying to go for the #3 for sure.

I like the way you buy dikran. You scope all out and get WHAT you want. You don't buy based on "urgency".

Wish I could do that as I may get things cheaper...

I will be trying to go for the #3 for sure.

:news:PUNISHMENT BIDS ALERT! :news:

probably unnecessary. isn't going cheap.

Good thing Revenue Canada is sending me a nice check this year :)

Definitely. I have been fortunate to turn up a 9.0 and a 9.2 over the past 4 years, but nothing else in high grade. Were there any copies there?

Also, were there any nicer copies of SC #22 available?

Edited by kimik

Nice list. (thumbs u Has anyone noticed Green Lantern 87 has really been taken off lately. I'm trying to find a 9.6 upgrade copy, but it's going to cost almost $1K now.

#87 has been a big book in 9.6 for some time now. IIRC they're going well over $1K

(shrug)

Nice list. (thumbs u Has anyone noticed Green Lantern 87 has really been taken off lately. I'm trying to find a 9.6 upgrade copy, but it's going to cost almost $1K now.

#87 has been a big book in 9.6 for some time now. IIRC they're going well over $1K

(shrug)

No bargain in 9.6 for this hot book. Recent prices for 9.2 and 9.4 has been quite strong and looks like up 75%+ over a year ago.

(shrug)

No bargain in 9.6 for this hot book. Recent prices for 9.2 and 9.4 has been quite strong and looks like up 75%+ over a year ago.

It could go even higher if they have a John Stewart cameo in the movie.