• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,531 posts in this topic

As Rick said, keep your eye out for dealers that are note aware of the current market. I landed this copy for $75 from one who runs banner ads on the boards a couple of months ago:

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

:applause:

As Rick said, keep your eye out for dealers that are note aware of the current market. I landed this copy for $75 from one who runs banner ads on the boards a couple of months ago:

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

Nice copy. What grade is that? Also, what dealers from outside of the boards are reliable with their grades?

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

:applause:
Nice book :applause:

Nice score! There are always treasures to be found. :applause:

A GL 7 in 3.0 sold on eBay a few weeks a go for 265$ if that helps

GL7 3.0 on eBay

that is right in my $100 a point scale... good find (thumbs u

That is insane. :o Looks like I need to scour the net for low grade copies to slab and flip now. lol

GL7 3.0 on eBay

That is insane. :o Looks like I need to scour the net for low grade copies to slab and flip now. lol

I'm still in the hunt for an upgrade of GL 7 and a GL 76...just still thinking about what grade, price, and when. hm

Edited by showcase22gr1959

GL7 3.0 on eBay

I'm still in the hunt for an upgrade of GL 7 and a GL 76...just still thinking about what grade, price, and when. hm

I think I know where a nice ow, unpressed 7.5 is :baiting:

GL7 3.0 on eBay

I think I know where a nice ow, unpressed 7.5 is :baiting:

I'll do some thinking for your copy. Thanks Rick (thumbs u

My question re: GL #7 is how high it might go next year closer to the movie. The price on that eBay 3.0 is a shocker, but it might be a better barometer of wider market appeal than Clink or any of the other auction sites. This issue has always been a tough book to find in any shape, and we could see a nice run up again next year closer to the movie. Right now the action on it seems similar to Showcase #22 in that the speculators and longtime collectors that have been sitting on the fence are now snagging a copy before the real hype hits. I will pizz myself laughing if 3.0s hit $500 next year, but it does not seem as far fetched of an idea now.

My question re: GL #7 is how high it might go next year closer to the movie. The price on that eBay 3.0 is a shocker, but it might be a better barometer of wider market appeal than Clink or any of the other auction sites. This issue has always been a tough book to find in any shape, and we could see a nice run up again next year closer to the movie. Right now the action on it seems similar to Showcase #22 in that the speculators and longtime collectors that have been sitting on the fence are now snagging a copy before the real hype hits. I will pizz myself laughing if 3.0s hit $500 next year, but it does not seem as far fetched of an idea now.

GL 7 is a volatile book and prices have been all over the map. I agree, Ebay has a wider audience, and books can be sold more quickly. There are quite a bit of GL fans right now to support the prices. GL 7 will no doubt do well when the GL movie releases, but for the long term, SC22 is a better book.

GL 7 is a volatile book and prices have been all over the map. I agree, Ebay has a wider audience, and books can be sold more quickly. There are quite a bit of GL fans right now to support the prices. GL 7 will no doubt do well when the GL movie releases, but for the long term, SC22 is a better book .

I agree.

GL 7 is a volatile book and prices have been all over the map. I agree, Ebay has a wider audience, and books can be sold more quickly. There are quite a bit of GL fans right now to support the prices. GL 7 will no doubt do well when the GL movie releases, but for the long term, SC22 is a better book.

I agree that SC #22 is the better book, but GL #7 can be had for much cheaper due to lack of widespread awareness and represents a better flipping opportunity than SC #22 right now. The lack of awareness on SC #22 ended last August/September.

Why is GL 7 blowing up so much? Is it solely because of it featuring Sinestro's first appearance or are there other factors involved?

He's the Joker (Sinestro) for Green Lantern.

I see. Given the rising interest in this issue, is it worth picking up in any grade?

Why is GL 7 blowing up so much? Is it solely because of it featuring Sinestro's first appearance or are there other factors involved?

I see. Given the rising interest in this issue, is it worth picking up in any grade?

It's worth it for flipping and if you are looking of 6.0+ it will cost you 4 to 6 times guide.

It's worth it for flipping and if you are looking of 6.0+ it will cost you 4 to 6 times guide.

How about 3.0-4.0?

How about 3.0-4.0?

$125-175 is a good range.