• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW POLL - DAREDEVIL # 1

DAREDEVIL # 1  

213 members have voted

1. 1. DAREDEVIL # 1

45 posts in this topic

9.2 :applause:

I wouldn't be shocked if you pulled a 9.4. :baiting:

Who the hell are these 7.0/7.5 guys? :censored:

well, in some ways that's the beauty of the poll....it gets folks to express an opinion..............without having to undergo the scrutiny of the board..............I like it............. (thumbs u

9.2 :applause:

I wouldn't be shocked if you pulled a 9.4. :baiting:

Who the hell are these 7.0/7.5 guys? :censored:

well, in some ways that's the beauty of the poll....it gets folks to express an opinion..............without having to undergo the scrutiny of the board..............I like it............. (thumbs u

I meant I want to know who they are so I can buy their books! :applause:

I agree the Poll format gets more people to chime in because some fear posting a grade in a thread and being so far off they will be shamed to death.

I also like trying to figure out my grade, then seeing how I compared to what others thought.

This book was a toss up, 8.5-9.0

I went with 8.5 to be safe as there are an awful lot of little stress lines and that ulc overhang that breaks.

Otherwise a stunning book Harry, especially knowing that you actually read this one.

Kenny

I agree the Poll format gets more people to chime in because some fear posting a grade in a thread and being so far off they will be shamed to death.

I also like trying to figure out my grade, then seeing how I compared to what others thought.

This book was a toss up, 8.5-9.0

I went with 8.5 to be safe as there are an awful lot of little stress lines and that ulc overhang that breaks.

Otherwise a stunning book Harry, especially knowing that you actually read this one.

Kenny

i'm going to have to pull this out of the safe and check out that BC right edge. the book has mostly white along the FC spine and is nicely centered, and the BC is mostly all white, as well. so what is a black line doing along the spine?? normally it would be the FC artwork peaking around the edge - can't remember if i've seen a book that simply has a black edge that's not part of any artwork - interesting.

Hope it's the right BC scan.......... :olol

:popcorn:

Any DD #1 image I could pull up does not really show it clearly, or has no BC scan at all. But it does look odd now that you mention it.

What kinda grading scam you trying to pull Harry?

:baiting:

:popcorn:

Any DD #1 image I could pull up does not really show it clearly, or has no BC scan at all. But it does look odd now that you mention it.

What kinda grading scam you trying to pull Harry?

:baiting:

i took another look at the book (and two other copies, as well) and have confirmed that it's the correct BC.

surprisingly, the FC artwork ends with a single thin black line on the spine. on each of my copies, the line is either dead-on the spine or slightly wrapped to the BC. don't think i've ever seen one that wraps to the front.............

I actually went back and looked at my Marvels, and this is indeed the case, Black line on all of'um. doh!

It's kinda like Andy Dufrain walking past all the guards wearing Wardens shoes. Honestly how many times do you look at a mans shoes.. or in this case the black line that separates the FC and BC.

I knew it was there, but never look for it on purpose.

But I bet you did a double take and laughed after opening the safe. Thanks for looking

Kenny

NM- 9.2 Book has a freshness to it. Why did it not make the first cut so many moons ago?

Dan

Hi Dan; i've held onto the Big Boys (AF #15, FF #1, JIM #83, DD #1, X-Men #1, Avenger #4) for myself. someday if/when i need the dough, i may sell them, but for the immediate future they remain at home................ :grin:

I've looked at many CGC graded DD 1s, and most of them have some green color missing from the upper left corner. CGC also seems to grade DD 1s a little bit more lenient. Harry's book looks to me to grade at 8.5, but I wouldn't be suprised if CGC gives it a 9.0.

I gave it a 9.0 as well.

That said, I suspect it may be slightly lower. The black line along the spine (visible from the back) seems to show a number of small breaks indicative of spine bends. White books are really tough from a scan as the white hides bends and small creases... the kind of flaws CGC hammers.

I am wondering the same thing about the black line.

Dennis