• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me Cool Female Characters of the Golden Age!
1 1

437 posts in this topic

Was thinking about this the other day. There must be tons of cool and interesting female characters scattered across the various companies and genres of the GA...some of the more unusual titles like Miss Fury, and also some of the esoteric backup features hidden away in 1940s or 50s titles. Could be covers, could be interior pages (...paging Scrooge). I'd love to see some!

Not so much looking for the bondage covers...those are neat too, but they are already well represented in other threads. Let's see some strong, smart, sexy, offbeat, or just plain weird female characters!

Please.

:popcorn:

Was thinking about this the other day. There must be tons of cool and interesting female characters scattered across the various companies and genres of the GA...some of the more unusual titles like Miss Fury, and also some of the esoteric backup features hidden away in 1940s or 50s titles. Could be covers, could be interior pages (...paging Scrooge). I'd love to see some!

Not so much looking for the bondage covers...those are neat too, but they are already well represented in other threads. Let's see some strong, smart, sexy, offbeat, or just plain weird female characters!

Please.

:popcorn:

with revealing outfits?

ROFL. I'd say we're off to a great start already! :applause:

Where the heck is that from?

Not quite sure exactly but she was in the Canadian Whites which means we need to add Nelvana to this thread as well -

So that's where they got the idea for that Alpha Flight Character! :insane:

Well, not Betty or Veronica, but some of the earlier Katy's are actually getting hard to find, because the Paper Doll people scooped them all up...I posted quite a few to the GCD, but there are still holes...and if you bid on these on Ebay, those Paper Doll people can be TOUGH...and they aren't all female, either...

katy120001.jpg

Let's see some strong, smart, sexy, offbeat, or [just plain weird female characters!

hm Ever heard of the Polka.Dot Pirate, have you?

Of course not! It says right in the splash panel that she's unknown.

Did Roy Thomas ever get a chance to connect her with Little Dot's family tree?

Jack

also lovely and unknown

43922-PolkaDotPirate.jpg