• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me Cool Female Characters of the Golden Age!
1 1

437 posts in this topic

I think that I know the secret of her great power.

Jack

S-s-sure, Torga. Anything you want...

What a nice idea:) I'm sure I have a bunch cause that's what I usually focus on, so I'll look tomorrow, but for now...one of my favorite purple covers...

terror0001.jpg

Ummm..it's because of the spear she's holding, right, Jack? ...;)?

OK, Last one for now, I was looking for Liberty Belle, but if I scan the inside page of Boy Commandos, the spine is gonna fall apart, so...I will just do Moon Girl:) I love this cover...

moongirl0001.jpg

Thanks to all for the posts so far! I'm loving these. :applause:

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the Venus character? She started as a scifi (powered superheroine?) character?...and then the title evolved into horror in the early 50s? Love to see an early panel page if someone has one.

venus0001.jpg

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the Venus character? She started as a scifi (powered superheroine?) character?...and then the title evolved into horror in the early 50s? Love to see an early panel page if someone has one.

She was very Sci Fi in the beginning, I always think of her, and Moon Girl as the same type, but that's probably more a name thing...Scrooge posted a page:)

venus100001.jpg

She was very Sci Fi in the beginning, I always think of her, and Moon Girl as the same type, but that's probably more a name thing...Scrooge posted a page:)

venus100001.jpg

Marvel recently revived Venus as a superhero in Agents of Atlas, although they did something weird with her. Still, it's nice to see they're bringing back some of the GA characters.

Another nice book, BTW. :applause: Do you have the complete set?