• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me Cool Female Characters of the Golden Age!
1 1

437 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for the great scans! Especially, the Miss America :cloud9: I guess that comes with being a Timely guy. My favorite golden age female character is Venus and issues 13-19 are almost entirely Bill Everett and you can't beat that!!

Here are scans for 13-17.

venus13-1.jpg

venus14metro-1.jpg

venus15-1.jpg

venus16-1.jpg

venus17diamondrun-1.jpg

... and I have a feeling you wouldn't want to mess with the Black Widow either :devil:

From Mystic Comics, right? I still really want one of those someday.... :juggle:

Thanks (as always) for the scans. (thumbs u

... and I have a feeling you wouldn't want to mess with the Black Widow either :devil:

From Mystic Comics, right? I still really want one of those someday.... :juggle:

Thanks (as always) for the scans. (thumbs u

No problem. You asked for unusual female characters. There aren't many but they are out there, included this lovely lady -

44013-SouthSeaGirl.jpg.d42554efb7c1b9c9b3827f78781330f6.jpg

I'll look forward to the Purple covers:) (worship):cloud9:

sharon, the top pic barely shows off the purple; i'm sorry. the non-slab shows up pretty good tho'.

The top book in the top pic should look like this (my copy) ... well, Billy's copy is nicer for sure but since he can't take pictures ... :baiting:

736379-Astonishing11s.jpg

Thanks so much, guys...I didn't post this one because there is no female, but as long as we are digressing into Purple, I am also fond of Dinosaur covers...although this is a bit new for Golden Age...

ssws0001-1.jpg

sharon, you're wrong; check the eyelashes--that's a girl t rex!

Thanks so much, guys...I didn't post this one because there is no female, but as long as we are digressing into Purple, I am also fond of Dinosaur covers...although this is a bit new for Golden Age...

ssws0001-1.jpg

Purple dinosaur covers :cloud9:

MIS55.jpg

ssws0001-1.jpg

sharon, you're wrong; check the eyelashes--that's a girl t rex!

T Regina

Jack

semper ubi sub ubi