• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me Cool Female Characters of the Golden Age!
1 1

437 posts in this topic

She's no Namora, but here is NEPTUNA, Queen of the Deep:)

neptuna0001.jpg

Or maybe her gal-pal, NEPTINA.

"Air bubbles float down...", huh?

I'd like to visit that universe some day.

Quite a collection of Golden Age girls you've got!

Jack

:whatthe: Nice!

(I'm not envious of your Venus run, but I am envious that you have the floor space to set up that shot.) :(

Jon,

Have you been to Houston? Everyone has 3,000 sqft homes with a three car garage, and an inground swimming pool. Smaller homes is the one draw back to living in the Big Apple. (shrug)

It's too bad your a Mets Fan, but it could always be worse, you could be a Yankees fan!

John

That's a beautiful run of Venus, Billy!

Any chance you could take a gander at the 15 and answer a question for the pre-code horror fans? We're wondering whether the stories in that issue are all/partly horror-themed like the 17-19.

The Miss Victory is cool too! Those early stories by Chas Quinlan (I'm guessing?) are always a hoot.

here are some more girls; v, altho' usually for victory, tonite is for....

(worship)

i liked the "v" motif, but this conventional pic shows the covers better.

venu.jpg

Very cool. Can't get enough pics of your runs ... Wait a minute, that didn't sound right. Let's say I love it when you share those beauties with us. :cool:

Btw, I notice that your want list is increasing by leaps and bounds. How does it feel to be freed from the Timely shackles? It's nice to see Captain Battle # 2 in that list, you'll love the book once you get it.

I didn't quite notice all of that. My eyes were surprisingly drawn to the other side of the page.

Speaking of Page, here's Page Parks, Air Hostess. That could have been one heck of a strip but alas it only lasted the whole of 4 pages. Meanwhile, Kay McKay, Air Hostess (also) was more successful, enduring a high-flying career spanning 4 issues of Captain Courageous and one appearance in Our Flag for a total of 45 pages worth of four-color fun -

44316-BlueBolt1-1-PageParks.jpg.43fb4196616c03110850d65a8425160e.jpg