• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better

13 posts in this topic

I've bought a few CGC books from this Ebayer in the past. His images are usually taken with a digital camera and aren't very clear, but they've all been 9.4+ books, he includes the page colour and CGC serial number in his listings, they haven't been particularly expensive purchases, and they've all turned out just fine.

Now he's got an Avengers #1 CGC 5.0 up for auction. Given the value of this book even at mid-grade, and the wide variations in the kinds of flaws/damage that you might find on a book in this grade, I really want to see a good scan before I bid on it.

The image in his listing is awfully fuzzy:

Avengers #1

As he says, "bigger scan just email me".

So I did, explaining I needed a better image so I could see all the detail, and here's what I got.

1.jpg

(thumbs u

Yup, it's definitely bigger. Can't fault him on that.

I've won 5 of his auctions. They're almost all in the old CGC holders, and the grading seems solid. I've been very happy.

He sets his starting bid just below the recent GPA average price, and along with the lousy images, he doesn't attract many bidders. I was the only bidder on all 5 auctions and I won them for the starting bid.

But now that I've opened my big mouth...

I've won 5 of his auctions. They're almost all in the old CGC holders, and the grading seems solid. I've been very happy.

He sets his starting bid just below the recent GPA average price, and along with the lousy images, he doesn't attract many bidders. I was the only bidder on all 5 auctions and I won them for the starting bid.

But now that I've opened my big mouth...

Thanks ... just set my snipe :baiting: