• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: The Office

52 posts in this topic

English subtitles on a show in English? lol

Some characters seemed to mumble alot and the enunciation was not really clear... (Finchy babbling to Brent for instance) makes it especially difficult when they are using unfamiliar slang terms.

With the subtitles I found that I didn't have to replay certain scenes to "catch" what they said.

Having grown up and spent my first 20 odd years on this planet about 10 minutes away from that social wasteland that is called SLOUGH I can understand every word (it's my only super power :cloud9:)

"That's one of the major arguments against letting homosexuals into the army. Will they be looking at the enemy, or will they be looking at me, going 'Oooooh, he looks tasty in his uniform?' " - Gareth explaining why homosexuals should not be allowed in the army

gareth21.jpg

“There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I’ll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there’s nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It’s like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go ‘ooh, look at him, he’s not able-bodied. I am, I’m prejudiced.’ Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he’s not, it’s difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.”

David (Series 1 Episode 3)

brent02s2.jpg

And if you US folks liked the movies Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, you should try and check out a series from a few years ago called "Spaced". The same two guys that did those movies also created this series.

Simon Pegg (the lead actor in Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead) plays a guy who... are you ready for it ...[font:Arial Black] works in a comics store. [/font] Although that plot point is fairly incidental. (See... all threads lead back to comics.)

Check youtube and do a search for "Spaced Pegg". There are lots of clips posted. Nick Frost (his slacker buddy in Shaun, and his cop friend in Hot Fuzz) is nearly unrecognizable in a moustache, tinted sun glasses and army fatigues.

Here's one clip:

Some people have posted whole episodes on youtube. Here's the first episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHc0VDdhXVQ

It's not available on DVD in the States yet. I've watched it on BBC America and have been hoping it'll make its way across the pond some time soon. "Extras" is just sooo funny. Last season was great, "Are you having a laugh?" Didn't Nick Frost have his own series where he's a spaceship commander?

And if you US folks liked the movies Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, you should try and check out a series from a few years ago called "Spaced".

It's not available on DVD in the States yet.

I read about it in a Toronto entertainment weekly, and I ordered the DVD set from amazon.co.uk. I have a region-free DVD player. It plays all regions, and both PAL and NTSC DVDs. I think EVERYONE should have one!

The Office is the only TV show I have ever purchased in any form... I watched the UK version on DVD a while back and kind of forgot about it... watched a few of the US versions on a friend's iTunes and pretty much immediately bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD... bought Season 3 when it came out and watched it all (including commentaries!) in two days... (yes... I'm a loser)

Can't wait for Season 4 to start... but I'm spoiled having only ever watched it on DVD's... the week-long wait b/t episodes is going to kill me!