• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TV series with LCS setting

14 posts in this topic

I posted this in The Office thread, but figured it deserved its own thread, for those who might not read that OT thread.

There was a UK series a few years back called "Spaced" where the lead character worked in a comics store. Not many scenes take place in the store, but there are a few choice ones. When he isn't working, his main activity is sitting around playing video games.

It was created by, and stars, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, the two guys who wrote and starred in Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead.

You can find whole episodes posted on youtube. Do a search for "spaced pegg".

Here a link to the other thread, where I posted links to a good clip, and to the whole first episode:

That other post

And here's a link where he's berating a customer who wants to buy some Star Wars new trilogy . Unfortunately the beginning of the scene is cut off, but it's still good:

And here's a link where he's berating a customer who wants to buy some Star Wars new trilogy . Unfortunately the beginning of the scene is cut off, but it's still good:

I found a youtube clip of the follow-up to this scene where he makes the little kid run out of the store crying.

This takes place immediately afterwards, where the comic store owner is chewing him out for giving the kid a hard time.

Love the "Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like Shaft" line.

Comic Store scene part 2

I found a youtube clip of the follow-up to this scene where he makes the little kid run out of the store crying.

This takes place immediately afterwards, where the comic store owner is chewing him out for giving the kid a hard time.

Love the "Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like Shaft" line.

Comic Store scene part 2

Isn't that the epsiode where he quits and goes to work at a rival comic book store, or something along those lines.

Brian Posehn, Patton Oswalt and Sarah Silverman did an unsold pilot called "Super Nerds" that was based in a comic book store. You used to be able to see it on YouTube, but its been removed.

Hal Sparks on Queer As Folk works in a comic shop.

Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) dated a comic book store owner who smoked pot and lived with his parents on an episode of Sex And The City.

Then there was that 60's show Naked City that had a newsstand with Amazing Fantasy #15 and Journey Into Mystery #83 on display. Not really a comic book store, but I'll take it!