• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Golden Age Canadian Whites

172 posts in this topic

Ed gifted me his Freelance sketchbook with the PROTOTYPES:

Freelanceprototypesketchbook1.jpg

EdFurnessSketch1.jpg

EdFurnessSketch2.jpg

Love to see stuff like this with notations! (worship)

Your collection is beyond belief, thanks for sharing books and items that I've never seen before!

A pic of a FRACTION of my gorgeous collection of Canadian Whites.

Enjoy!! DSC06299.jpg

I'm so unfamiliar with Canadian Whites that looking at your collection is like stumbling into a secret world I didn't know existed.

It's fantastic.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Wow, fantastic and rare stuff. Two questions... Do you know or have an estimate of how many Canadian Whites were published?

Secondly, there is a comic in Gerber titled Atomic Comics from Daniels Publications (it has a man flying with a jetpack on the cover) that is thought to be Canadian but I have never seen one yet. Do you know anything about this comic?

To answer your question about the scarcity of Canadian Whites I would suggest that Canadian Whites are EXTREMELY RARE. Doug Sulipa told me that in the past 30 years he has dealt with over 30 MILLION AMERICAN comicbooks and has had perhaps ONLY 300 Canadian Whites pass through his hands and he LIVES in CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great display, eccomic. These books just leaped out at me.

CanadianCollection9.jpg

To give you guys an idea of the rarity of some of these, I have been a brick and mortar dealer in the fourth largest city in Canada for over 13 years now, with a "buying comics" ad in the phone book for that entire time, and I have bought (and been offered for that matter) exactly ZERO Canadian whites in that time.

There is one local collector who has a 'large' number of them (maybe 50?) that I have personally had the pleasure of viewing, but I have never been offered any for sale.

I have bought some of the Canadian reprints from time to time (nothing spectacular though) over the years, but none of the original content stuff.

Time for some of the extremely rare Canadian Whites published by Maple Leaf in Vancouver:

Picture017.jpg

To finish off with a very rare MLJ variant Weekender Comics # 1

Picture022.jpg

ECComics, thanks for posting your collection - it's astounding! :o

Here is one you never see:

CdnCommieComic.jpg

Great collection overall Stephen!!!! I never truly realized how different and numerous the Canadian GA books were.

You know you need to sell me that book!!! Never seen the version before, very cool.

Here is the French-Canadian version:

AQuandNotreTour.jpg