• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Marvel Villian

Marvel Villians  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Marvel Villians

53 posts in this topic

bio-mephisto.jpg [/img]

First Appearance: Silver Surfer #3

Origin Issue: Doctor Strange vol 3 #8

Real Name: Unrevealed; "Mephisto," short for "Mephistopheles," is a name given him by human beings who mistakenly believed him to be a legendary devil

Aliases: Satan, Mephistopheles, Lucifer, Beelzebub, the Devil, Nick Scratch, Legion, Hellstrom, Miles Gorney, Nick Cloot, Donald Blake

Height: 6' 6" (variable)

Weight: 310lbs (variable)

Eyes: White, visible irises or pupils (variable)

Hair: Black (variable)

Distinguishing Features: Inhuman features, pointed ears, sharpened canine teeth, and red skin in his usual form

Occupation: Ruler of an extradimensional land of the dead, sometimes called "Hell", or "Hades"

Citizenship: Extradimensional land of the dead

Place of Creation/Birth: Unrevealed

Known Relatives: Victoria Wingate Hellstrom (wife, deceased), Daimon Hellstrom (Hellstorm, son), Patsy Walker Hellstrom (Hellcat, daughter-in-law), Satana Hellstrom (daughter, deceased), Mephista (daughter), Blackheart (son), Malevolence (daughter in an alternate future)

Known Allies: Blackheart, Mephista, Malevolence, (former) Flying Dutchman, the Six-Fingered Hand, Darkoth the Death-Demon, Thanos, Loki, Commander Thule, Suicide, Mys-Tech Board

Known Enemies: Silver Surfer, Thor, Dr Doom, John Blaze, Hellstorm, Hellcat, Satana (deceased), the Fantastic Four, Dracula, Topaz, the Defenders, Zarathos, Dr Strange, Franklin Richards, the Beyonder, Master Pandemonium, the X-Men, the Avengers, Galactus, the Hulk, Glorian, the Shaper of Worlds, Baron Mordo, Satannish, Thog, Agatha Harkness, Daredevil, Ghost Rider II, Odin, She-Hulk, Cloak and Dagger, Spider-Man, Thanos, Thor II (Thunderstrike), Adam Warlock, Dark Angel, Mys-Tech Board

Dooms gonna win this but theres some others i really like on that list,so heres my top ten.

1.Dr.Doom

2.Super Skrull,Loki (tie) (always thought SS was under used but then i guess not many in the marvel u could beat him.) ;)

3.Thanos

4.Galactus

5.Juggernaut

6.Absorbing Man(whenever he shows up the whole book is just one long fist fight) (thumbs u

7.Venom

8.Magneto

9.Green Goblin (somebody`s gotta be last. :( )

We all know Doom is THE villain in Marvel. But #2 is a hard decision. Not many other villains contend with all of Marvel. Thanos but he is rarely used. I think it should be Magnet because of his shear power but he rarely leaves the X books. Same with Apocalypse. I think you forgot Bullseye and Ultron. Hard to make a list for me (shrug)

Cool thread... alright, I'll likely get pounded for this, but back in my '91 comics heyday I thought Splice had a really cool look! :screwy::makepoint:

Ok, I know... he's a "C" lister at best, but he had a cool looking costume, neat-o arm blades and a smart mouth!

Besides, I'm a big Jeff Johnson fan -- his art ROCKS! (I own 7pc. of his OA) :cloud9:

SPLICE:

First Appearance: Wonder Man #4

What's His Problem? Splice came to Hollywood as an actor. When he got fired from his job on a sitcom by an 11-year-old, he found a "more dignified job" as Hollywood's premiere assassin.

Abilities: Not only is Splice extremely agile, an excellent martial artist, and an expert marksman, he's also quite funny and is a talented actor. At least, he says he's a talented actor.

Weapons: While Splice has no natural super powers, he does use a wide variety of weapons. His armor, which is constructed of Vibranium mesh and thus protects him from most impacts, has hydraulics in the legs allowing him to jump considerable distances. His weapons of choice are his wrist mounted blades but he also uses throwing blades. And finally, there is his wide variety of specialized exploding pellets, including shockwave, gas, electro-shock, and ion damper pellets.

Favorite Quote: "I'm the last step in the production of your life." (Wonder Man #4. Spoken as he tossed Wondy a business card right before trying to asassinate him. That's Hollywood for ya!)

Heroes He Keeps Running Into: Splice only really battled Avengers' mainstay Wonder Man.

Most Despicable Act: While responsible for an unknown number of slayings, one of his most despicable acts would have to be his first attempted slaying of Alex Flores. She stumbled upon him after he had knocked Wondy out and, just for the fun of it, chased her down and was going to kill her.

More Splice info, covers and pics if anyone cares... :shy:

Coincedently, I now own that Wonder Man page from #4 pictured there where Splice's saying, "Run around a little more... I like it!" (thumbs u ;)