• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heading To Naples, Florida...

28 posts in this topic

Thank you.

No Roy, flying down. Putting things in perspective though, finding an LCS is not priority, just figured something to do to preoccupy my mind for a few hours.

Thank you.

No Roy, flying down. Putting things in perspective though, finding an LCS is not priority, just figured something to do to preoccupy my mind for a few hours.

Hi Nik:

I was in Estero last christmas. It is about 15 miles or so north of Naples. I had plans of a few hours of comic searching. I was able to find 3 shops in the phone book.

#1 closed that day (Tuesday)

#2 no longer existed.

#3 had nothing at all I was interested in.

Naples is fair sized. I hope you are able to find a couple of shops to browse through. :wishluck:

Best wishes to you and your family nik. I actually visited Big Katts Comics Feb 2004 when Erica and I were visiting her grandparents in Naples. From what I remember, most all of the back issues in longboxes were $1-2 each. I went through every box over a span of 2 days(had the wife with me the first day, the second I had all to myself :headbang:) and managed to scrounge up half a short box of books, all moderns. Other thant BK's, no other shops in Naples I can think of (shrug).

Best wishes to you and your family nik. I actually visited Big Katts Comics Feb 2004 when Erica and I were visiting her grandparents in Naples. From what I remember, most all of the back issues in longboxes were $1-2 each. I went through every box over a span of 2 days(had the wife with me the first day, the second I had all to myself :headbang:) and managed to scrounge up half a short box of books, all moderns. Other thant BK's, no other shops in Naples I can think of (shrug).

I currently live in Naples and unfortunately there are no comics shops here that have survived. Big cats is now basically a used paperback book store. Anyway what they did have previously in back issues was anyway.

I would tell you to try to enjoy yourself at the beach (sorry about why you are visiting), be with your family and enjoy some of the great restaurants (food) that Naples has. Downtown naples has a few nice art galleries if you like that sort of thing, and I'd suggest a nice dinner at Tommy Bahamas!!!