• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio Con Exhibitor Badge Needed.

33 posts in this topic

I wouldn't mind having one as well......

More like "Exhibitionist Badge."

By the way, I hit Bookery Fantasy (comic store not strip club) in Fairborn Ohio on Sunday. Saw at least 10 'trooper books. If you send me the list I'll do a scout run for you and see if it is worth your while to come in. Probably 50 minutes from Columbus.

--S.

aah i still have that figure lying around somewhere. Think it came with the tumbler too didn't it? Well if they do a friday preview again, I might come up early.

They don't set up at Mid Ohio.

That is true. But they did do Gem City this year and I don't know if they have done that one in the past, as this year was my first.

BB,

Do you hit Bookery from time to time? If you did, I bet you miss Steve Bates, too. :sorry:

i've seen them the past two years at gem city. I don't like them as they refuse to move at all on price even if you're willing to buy multiple books. Two years in a row I left books on the table because they wouldn't move an inch, so probably won't even look next year. Shame as they have some nice books, but so do most dealers for the stuff i'm looking for.

Tim, the owner, is a BSD in the pulp world. I always got the impression that he was all about pulps and GA. Steve ran the store for him and stayed on top of all the modern stuff and made sure that inventory was always cycled, ran sales, put up "you should be reading this book" type stuff on the website. He was really cool and passionate about comics. It is still a great store, but a less so without Steve, IMHO.

It's a good medium sized show, and definitely worth a 3 hour drive in my opinion. They have a pretty good creator guest list lined up for this year, and a several quality dealers are listed on their web site. I hope Harley Yee sets up this year, but I don't see him on their list as of yet. I went last year, but was sick as a dog so I only spent about an hour walking around. It's not the most mind blowing selection of books you'll ever see , but there was definitely some good stuff. All in all, it's a fun way to spend the day, and hopefully spend some money.