• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Golden art

14 posts in this topic

Gerry,

If the package this was mailed in has sustained damage and the warping is as a result of mishandling by the postal service, you really should file a claim. If there is no damage to the package, then it's obvious that this is the way Golden (I'm not going to call him Mr.) intended for you to receive it, and as such, is just another slap in the face.

I also see that the original was inked and that this one is not. I'm not sure what your agreement was as far as this replacement illustration is concerned, so maybe this observation isn't relevant. As far as the work itself - it would seem that he was either inebriated, his heart wasn't in it, and/or he purposely produced a subpar piece. You would think that after all the bull**** that has gone down and all the bad publicity that has resulted, that this guy would have gone above and beyond what was necessary to make you happy. That didn't happen!

I will never, ever, purchase any work done by this artist, and if I were you, I would get rid of this piece as soon as possible. Trade it... sell it at a loss... just get it out of your sight, because every time you look at it, you're probably just going to be reminded of the whole sordid affair.

That's only my opinion. I really wish you the best!

Bill

I actually think this is a pretty good piece, and much better than most of his more recent efforts. It does look to me like he put a little more into this one.

And not to excuse any shoddy packaging, but the worst packaging I have ever gotten for art has been from artists. I've gotten pieces from artists floating in FedEx boxes and even in a flat envelope with no support. The results were not unlike what you have here. On the plus side, it's fixable. Just lay it flat under some heavy weights. After a few days, it should be reasonably unwrinkled. Good luck.

Thanks, Gerry, for the follow-up. If you hadn't called Golden on his first piece, we'd have missed an entertaining tale...and we'd have missed this interesting perspective on the artist. Like Nexus, I don't think your new piece is awful. I don't think it's Golden in his prime, mind you, but it's got some substance.

I've also received artwork that arrived in a flat envelope without any support; and, unfortunately for me, it's happened more than once. The first time, I got lucky and the artwork somehow arrived without any damage. The second and third times, the artwork was creased and worse.

The first time, my packager was the artist; the second and third time, two different eBayers. Criminally negligent, I say; now I know to offer add'l cash if the seller will package things securely. But was Golden as brick-dumb as the sellers I dealt with? It depends. If he packaged the "Patience is a Virue" piece as badly as this piece, he's just not very bright. If he packaged the first piece well -- and this one badly -- he's thumbing his nose at you.

In either case, no reason to do business with the guy.

Well, the man can draw a mean cape! But I have to agree that the head, hand, and legs really take away from the piece. The cape's still great, but I feel bad for you if this is all you got out of this whole ordeal. Was any refund given as well?

-Bob

Well, the man can draw a mean cape! But I have to agree that the head, hand, and legs really take away from the piece. The cape's still great, but I feel bad for you if this is all you got out of this whole ordeal. Was any refund given as well?

-Bob

Is it just me or does the good Doctor look like he's got an extra chromosome going on?

-Bob

Is it just me or does the good Doctor look like he's got an extra chromosome going on?

:signfunny: