• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN ORIGINAL ART

5 posts in this topic

Just had to start a new thread featuring my original art from Bell Features Publishing. Incidently, the late Fred Kelly requisitioned these pages from Adrian Dingle, the art director for Bell Features. I aquired this artwork from Fred just prior to his death in 2005. He had them stored away for 60 years. This is the only known original Bell Features artwork surviving that is not in the National Archives in Ottawa.

Adrian Dingle's Nelvana from Triumph Comics:

DSC05132-1.jpg

DSC05133.jpg

DSC05134.jpg

DSC05135.jpg

DSC05136-1.jpg

DSC05137.jpg

DSC05138.jpg

DSC05139.jpg

DSC05141.jpg

DSC05143.jpg

DSC05145.jpg

DSC05144.jpg

DSC05146.jpg

DSC05147.jpg

Adrian Dingle's the Penguin from Wow Comics:

DSC05148.jpg

DSC05149.jpg

DSC05151.jpg

Original Art Cover to Dime Comics # 27 by Fred Kelly and the published comic book:

DimeShowcase.jpg

DimeComics27Cover.jpg

Sweet, eccomic! (thumbs u

Do you have the entire story or is that just extra thick drawing board? I love the design and the rich blacks on this splash page. :cloud9:

DSC05138.jpg

ec,

You have an outstanding collection. Would be great if you could create a b/w Cdn comic photojournal with color covers and color centerfold for the hobby hungry for more knowledge.

Time to run out to the LCS to pick up the latest Alter-ego mag that you recommended with more Cdn whites coverage.