• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So long, it was fun while it lasted...Goodbye everyone...

66 posts in this topic

Congrats, Cal and welcome to page 1.

I'm having a hard time holding on to a spot in the top 40.

But, on the positive side, I recently joined the 100,000 point club. And I have another submission just about ready for CGC so hopefully the results will be back in time for this year's Registry awards :wishluck:

Congrats on your 100,000 point club Worldbestcomics!

I am planing to get there before the end of 2008.

See ya

CAL :hi:

You need to follow the CGC rules and BUY MORE COMICS!!! :makepoint:

I cannot believe folks bought into this and responded positively.

I further cannot believe Vince actually POSTED this. It is not "BUY MORE COMICS!!!" It is "SUBMIT MORE COMICS!!!"

Come ON Vince. sheesh

(sorry Steve. You were not at WC. My angst has grown. :()

These first pagers are movers and shakers. They are flipping boooks like madmen. I went from 95 to 92 today without adding any books. lol

(thumbs u :devil:

lol I added 3000 points of books in the last few days...and didn't move an iota! lol lol :roflmao:

These first pagers are movers and shakers. They are flipping boooks like madmen. I went from 95 to 92 today without adding any books. lol

(thumbs u :devil:

lol I added 3000 points of books in the last few days...and didn't move an iota! lol lol :roflmao:

Getting harder and harder to move up...

wonder what the scores will be like at the Year end of 2008???

CAL aspiring to be Top Ten material...

Cal, how are you planning on doing that? Unless for instance you managed to negoiate buying a large chunk of Doug's collection?

Or are you sitting on some Mile high tec's you waiting to add to your registry (shrug)

I don't think being on the first page matters. There are some great collections out there that are not registered, which if they were, most current first pagers would not be there.

Also, there are businesses on the first page with their books registered. Is that just a "For Sale" registry or are those their permanent books? I don't know.

Then, there are some first pagers with books in their registry that are not their own, because of selling a book and not taking it out, so they won't drop in score.

I try to keep mine current but I have checked and many others do not, unless the new owner wants to register.

doh!

Cal, how are you planning on doing that? Unless for instance you managed to negoiate buying a large chunk of Doug's collection?

Or are you sitting on some Mile high tec's you waiting to add to your registry (shrug)

already bought some of the high grades from the top ten folks...

sitting on stuff I don't even know what it is; boxes everywhere.

have a steady outgoing to CGC for grading/incoming from ebay/comiclink/CGC Forum only sales/private solicitations/ComicCons/LCS's and local referrals. The local LCS steered me to that oddity misprint IMSM cover I show on my blog.

But I also need to be fair - I have sold a few on the Registry and I am going to delete them.

CAL who WILL be top ten someday...

already bought some of the high grades from the top ten folks...

sitting on stuff I don't even know what it is; boxes everywhere.

have a steady outgoing to CGC for grading/incoming from ebay/comiclink/CGC Forum only sales/private solicitations/ComicCons/LCS's and local referrals. The local LCS steered me to that oddity misprint IMSM cover I show on my blog.

But I also need to be fair - I have sold a few on the Registry and I am going to delete them.

CAL who WILL be top ten someday...

Cal, sounds like your on your way there. But top 10 is certainly aiming high. I know there's some seriously big CGC collectors out there yet to join the registry.

So I know for myself sitting in the 40's, it should realistically be the 60's at least.

This year os pne of inactivity for me. Just got done loading my second of only two purchases this whole year. Nice to see I'm still hanging around in the 120's.

I seriously try my hardest not to even look at ebay or comics sites right now to avoid the tempatation to buy. It's how I've even managed to make the two purchases I have..lol

Anyways, I'm likely to go further down, before I ever start to go up again. Hopefully next year I'll be in a better spot and can restart my collecting.

This year os pne of inactivity for me. Just got done loading my second of only two purchases this whole year. Nice to see I'm still hanging around in the 120's.

I seriously try my hardest not to even look at ebay or comics sites right now to avoid the tempatation to buy. It's how I've even managed to make the two purchases I have..lol

Anyways, I'm likely to go further down, before I ever start to go up again. Hopefully next year I'll be in a better spot and can restart my collecting.

Hi John!

I used to update my registry religiously, because I found it was my best "checklist" available...got a little lax...fell from #3 to #6...just added some recently graded books and am back to #3 by just a hair...won't last long :(

Competitive Registry sets have been a boon to CGC. If it weren't the best way to manage a collection, I would not participate. I am waiting patiently to be able to create my own sets.