• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: CGC Dinner at Magic Castle 11/21?

2 posts in this topic

I'm posting this here because this section of the boards has the biggest concentration of folk I'd most like to share a beer with.

My wife and I got to LA every Thanksgiving and as a member of a local magic club here in Sacramento, I can get into the

Magic Castle. I can also get guests in. So here's the deal:

I've already talked to Ronaldo about him and his girlfriend going. But I'm contemplating making a reservation of a bigger group if anyone else is interested in a night of talking GA comics and watching magic. It would be the Wednesday night immediately before Thanksgiving. It's a good night to see the Castle because it's not too crowded so you can get into more shows and don't have to fight crowds for drinks. Downside is that the basement bar is closed.

Cost of the evening is $15 per person entry fee plus dinner and drinks. Dinner runs about $40 to $50 per person depending on what you have. Basic steak-house fare. There's also a dress code - suits and ties for men, evening or cocktail wear for the ladies.

At the end of dinner, you get a ticket for the big, stage-magic show. I'll be skipping it because it bores my wife silly. I figure we meet for dinner, drinks, and comic talk, then it's free play for everyone for the rest of the evening.

Sadly, no cameras are allowed inside so we won't be able to post pictures for the unfortunate souls who can't attend.

Any interest?