• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you help identify a couple of signatures?

9 posts in this topic

Guys, the page below is from the Birmingham (England) 1986 Comics Convention booklet which I've just acquired. It's heavily signed throughout and I've identified the obvious ones - i.e. Charles Vess, Tony Isabella, Paul Gamabaccini and our patience-loving friend Mike Kaluta - but the two others I'm not so sure - though they both look familiar.

I think one is probably Dave Gibbons but it isn't how he normally signs....

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

NB: the "Jim Hodgkins" name is printed.

birminnercloseup.jpg

birminner.jpg

I was just wondering--if a signature is unlegible doesnt that take most of the fun out of even having it?

I was thinking of this when I saw an artists signature and it just looked like 2 sqiggly llines

Guys, the page below is from the Birmingham (England) 1986 Comics Convention booklet which I've just acquired. It's heavily signed throughout and I've identified the obvious ones - i.e. Charles Vess, Tony Isabella, Paul Gamabaccini and our patience-loving friend Mike Kaluta - but the two others I'm not so sure - though they both look familiar.

I think one is probably Dave Gibbons but it isn't how he normally signs....

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

NB: the "Jim Hodgkins" name is printed.

birminnercloseup.jpg

birminner.jpg

Sure looks like the first name is Art.

Art Adams?