• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting book coming up on Heritage

126 posts in this topic

Yep, soon as it arrives! I can't wait to see how it looks next to my #31. Wish I could've afforded to bid on the #29, as well, but too much $$.

Nice work, Jeff!

And don't worry, when Overstreet and the rest of the bunch finally realize that #27 is TRULY the first Lois Lane cover, pricing on #29 will come down. hm

hm She is on the cover of #27 but, I don't see the price on #29 coming down any time soon. It's still on the rise.

Yep, soon as it arrives! I can't wait to see how it looks next to my #31. Wish I could've afforded to bid on the #29, as well, but too much $$.

Nice work, Jeff!

And don't worry, when Overstreet and the rest of the bunch finally realize that #27 is TRULY the first Lois Lane cover, pricing on #29 will come down. hm

hm She is on the cover of #27 but, I don't see the price on #29 coming down any time soon. It's still on the rise.

The #29 is just such a tough book in grade. Highest graded blue label is only a 7.5. :o

Nice work, Jeff!

The #29 is just such a tough book in grade. Highest graded blue label is only a 7.5. :o

The 4.0 blue label I had was the first slab I owned. :cloud9: Purchased for $540 Sold for $615 It's currently FS for $750

Only $75k for the Marvel 1 8.0! Wild.

:tonofbricks:

Sorry George! :(

No probs - won a Tec #31 and the Sensation #1 :banana:

The deep pockets have spoken (worship)

Less deep than they used to be - markets not good otherwise that Marvel Larson #1 would have been mine.

Is anyone watching this huge bidding war on those Spirits :o

hm Do you think this is a good time to PM Angelo?

I was high bidder for a few hours on some of those. I'm even amazed at some of the prices those lots are getting (before floor bidding even begins :o ). My biggest caveat is Heritage's raw grading. If their grading is spot on, then the prices for those year lots aren't out of wack. Remember, OSPG is way off on the price of sections from '46 on (well, they're off for most of them, but especially the later years). However, having seen Heritage's raw grading first hand, the winners better hope they got it right. From what I've seen it pretty much hit-and-miss.

Angelo

Nice work, Jeff!

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part as I am still on the hunt for a 29. :tonofbricks:

Nice work, Jeff!

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part as I am still on the hunt for a 29. :tonofbricks:

I'll keep my eyes out for you. I won't be owning one any time soon.

Thank you very much gents. :foryou:

The final cost was $310 with BP.....didn't even reach the 2.0 OS price. It's a PLOD, so I guess that scared off the floor guys. No floor bids!

Great deal! Cool cover, and the stories inside look interesting. Awesome book Jon. :applause: