• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whatcha read lately?

21 posts in this topic

I've had a busy reading week.

Silver Surfer Requiem was one of the best things I've read in a long time.

DD: Battling Jack was merely OK. Nothing fantastic, just sorta there.

Thor 1-3 was pretty fun. Don't like the new outfit, but like the new Thor. Especially dug seeing Iron Man get his arse kicked.

Read through a few Minx books for kicks. I think the line is geared towards young adults, but they make for breezy reads. Plain Janes was something totally different and interesting. Regifters was mostly a waste of time if you aren't a teenager. I probably won't grab many more of these books unless I hear good things after the fact.

Nightmares & Fairy Tales hovers on the edge of being dropped. The latest 2 issue story was interesting enough, but its just real thin in a lot of places.

Started White Tiger, only 1 issue in though. Was good enough for me to be excited about reading the rest.

Latest issue of She-Hulk was a snoozer. Peter David coming on should be awesome.

Black Panther Zombie arc was pretty horrible.

I'll give it props because no one ever does...

LOCAL

It's a GREAT series worth picking up. It's a 12-issue LS that will be collected in trade. Each inter-related story focuses on a different small town/city where the story takes place. It is very modern and indie, but extremely well written by Brian Wood.

LOCAL

It's a GREAT series worth picking up. It's a 12-issue LS that will be collected in trade. Each inter-related story focuses on a different small town/city where the story takes place. It is very modern and indie, but extremely well written by Brian Wood.

That's because this thread is a duplicate to this one:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1509107&page=1&fpart=9

Local is mentioned twice in the other thread.

Pat

I'm enjoying Last Blood. It's got vampires and zombies :applause:

hm I liked the FCBD version of the first issue....

how many issues have been released since that one? Might have to check them out (thumbs u

LOCAL

That's because this thread is a duplicate to this one:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1509107&page=1&fpart=9

Local is mentioned twice in the other thread.

Pat

Might as well make it twice in this thread as well... I'm reading (and really really enjoying) Local as well. I think Wood's DMZ is equally good, but Local is far more personal and character-driven.

TMNT Raphael: Bad Moon Rising has been pretty good too... not as good as Leonardo's Blind Sight, but still good.

The latest Usagi story looks like it's going to be exciting

And X-Factor is one of my favorite books on the stands these days.

I've dropped Wolverine, Moon Knight, Fantastic Four, and Uncanny X-Men within the last few months... She-Hulk and Amazing Spider-Man are on the chopping block depending on how PAD and Slott work out. Captain America has been kind of boring lately, but I'm keeping with it solely based on the strength of Brubaker's run so far. DD is actually slipping close to that level too... but I'll always buy DD. Issue 100 was kind of disappointing. I REALLY didn't need all those reprints...

New Avengers... I think it's kind of dumb, and it seems to wreak continuity havok... but it's a pretty fun non-thinking kind of book, and I'm (mostly) enjoying it.

oh... and Fables and Jack of Fables are both a lot of fun. :)

Fear Agent - If you enjoy sci-fi, this book rocks!

Criminal - One of the best crime stories I've read in a long time!

Iron Fist - Dudes and Dudettes, Iron Fist is about to enter a Kumite...Bloodsport style!

Mouse Guard - Something enchanting about this little story.

Guilty Pleasures:

Nova - Not bad. Always enjoyed the Richard Ryder character

New Warriors - I like the idea of how some of the depowered mutants are getting hi-tech gear to create new powers.

Iron Fist is awesome!

And I haven't read the last few issues of new avengers, but the lastest cover looked like poo.

Wolverine is still doing it for me. I really enjoyed the latest issue with the fill-in writer and Chaykin. The Wolverine-in-a-barrel thing was a good time.

Also reading Local. I think it's a nice step up from Demo. It's great to have a book that you can read as soon as it comes out without needing back story.

I'm enjoying Last Blood. It's got vampires and zombies :applause:

hm I liked the FCBD version of the first issue....

how many issues have been released since that one? Might have to check them out (thumbs u

I have issue #2, I don't think #3 is out yet. Also the art gets better :hi: