• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: 28 Days Later

26 posts in this topic

i know this is really late news, but i just watched 28 Days Later for the first time last night and i thought it was a great movie. i had pretty much lost all hope for Hollywood making a truly great film other then great visually.

was this movie a comic first? has anyone seen 28 Weeks Later? is it any good?

i know this is really late news, but i just watched 28 Days Later for the first time last night and i thought it was a great movie. i had pretty much lost all hope for Hollywood making a truly great film other then great visually.

Good mocie nice plot loved how the blood fell in that guys eye AWESOME

Good mocie nice plot loved how the blood fell in that guys eye AWESOME

yeah that was great. i love the twist that the “zombies” are people infected with rage. so they come after you really fast.

i always feel like i could out run a Walking Dead zombie.

the idea for the story was pitched by the writer to the producer over a coffee. the writer said he wanted to do a zombie film that was "pacy." sold!

brits. i do so love that slang

I had pretty much lost all hope for Hollywood making a truly great film

I don't think this was Hollywood...so your expectations haven't been shaken. I don't know where 28 weeks later was shot.

Most of it was filmed in London....

One thing I've wondered...

Did 'Walking Dead' totally steal the beginning of that movie, or do you think they were written around the same time, and happened to have the same plot device?

Both works have the main character waking up out of a coma in a hospital, with zombies barricaded inside.

When i read 'Walking Dead' i thought 'man, this is cheap. it's just stealing plot devices from that movie'.

I've grown to enjoy 'Walking Dead' but it took a while because i always felt it was copying stuff.

One thing I've wondered...

Did 'Walking Dead' totally steal the beginning of that movie, or do you think they were written around the same time, and happened to have the same plot device?

Both works have the main character waking up out of a coma in a hospital, with zombies barricaded inside.

When i read 'Walking Dead' i thought 'man, this is cheap. it's just stealing plot devices from that movie'.

I've grown to enjoy 'Walking Dead' but it took a while because i always felt it was copying stuff.

i think in a recent interview, on ign.com Kirkman said that his stuff came out first, which was then followed by all of the zombie movie stuff i.e 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead remake, etc.

28 Days Later was an incredible movie, directed by gifted British director Danny Boyle (Trainspotting). I am a huge zombie fan, and I also believe that Kirkman "borrowed" the opening from 28 Days Later for his opening to Walking Dead. 28 Days later was released in 2002 in the UK, and January 2003 in the US (at the Sundance Film Festival). Walking Dead was released in October 2003.

I enjoy Kirkman's work somewhat (mostly because I am a huge Zombie fan) but I find him to be a shameless self-promoter (see Walking Dead letters page) and a pretty average writer. He leans way to heavily on lowbrow humor in his Marvel Zombies book. Compare his Marvel Zombies with Bendis' Marvel Zombies and I think you will agree that Bendis' take is superior.

I loved 28 Days later, a really intelligent horror movie, beautifully shot, great acting and soundtrack.

28 weeks later is not that good. It's not a bad film, except that they got rid of most of the psychological horror that was in the first film and replaced it with much more gore.

And you can see the ending coming from a mile away..

You are just upset that continental Europe will be infected in the third film :insane:

I love 28 Days later. My faourite part is the first act of the movie. Some people said it was slow but there is something really eerie about seeing someone walk around London during the day without another person in sight. I love those scenes and as others have said it's very similar to The Walking Dead.

Oh and it's not Hollywood! :baiting:

i think in a recent interview, on ign.com Kirkman said that his stuff came out first, which was then followed by all of the zombie movie stuff i.e 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead remake, etc.

Sure, but movies are in development and production years before they actually hit the theaters... there is no way a comic book started this trend, unless someone's got a time machine.

Plus, the premise is hardly original anyway.

You are just upset that continental Europe will be infected in the third film :insane:

I love 28 Days later. My faourite part is the first act of the movie. Some people said it was slow but there is something really eerie about seeing someone walk around London during the day without another person in sight. I love those scenes and as others have said it's very similar to The Walking Dead.

Oh and it's not Hollywood! :baiting:

You ar an infectious lot...I'll give you that :sumo:

But shouldn't you put a *spoiler* before the first part of your post.... (shrug)