• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlando Comic-Con?

35 posts in this topic

I've never been to this show, so I don't really know. The promoters are really nice people and they are trying hard to make this show great. Maybe the website will help you a bit? www.orlandocon.net

A couple of boardies will be there (Myself, Joeypost, McMiles and KingofRulers), and we might be getting together afterwards for a bite and drink.

As for what type of dealers will be there, all I can say is that I'm expecting the "regulars" from the Tampa Comic Con, and a few more of the folks from South Florida, and perhaps a couple of out of state dealers, but its not going to be anywhere near "Mega-Con like".

But, MegaCon is six months away and there are no other regional sized shows in Florida until then, so why not drive on down here, meet a few people, swap a few lies, and have some fun. Besides, its Orlando, you can always spend the weekend doing other things in case the convention does blow.

A couple of boardies will be there (Myself, Joeypost, McMiles and KingofRulers), and we might be getting together afterwards for a bite and drink.

As for what type of dealers will be there, all I can say is that I'm expecting the "regulars" from the Tampa Comic Con, and a few more of the folks from South Florida, and perhaps a couple of out of state dealers, but its not going to be anywhere near "Mega-Con like".

But, MegaCon is six months away and there are no other regional sized shows in Florida until then, so why not drive on down here, meet a few people, swap a few lies, and have some fun. Besides, its Orlando, you can always spend the weekend doing other things in case the convention does blow.

Come on over and join us. Lets us know what you are looking to spend money on and some of the board members can bring them if we have them if the show blows.

So who is going and if you want to meet for dinner where and when?

I will, but the con is open till 6:00 PM on Saturday so that may make dinner fairly late. I am sure KOR doesn't mind.

FYI. I spoke with the promoter yesterday and he said all dealer tables did sale out and he actually had a waiting list. There may be a good selection there. :wishluck: No way it can be as bad as it was last year. :P ......especially since I wil be set up. :acclaim:

I will, but the con is open till 6:00 PM on Saturday so that may make dinner fairly late. I am sure KOR doesn't mind.

FYI. I spoke with the promoter yesterday and he said all dealer tables did sale out and he actually had a waiting list. There may be a good selection there. :wishluck: No way it can be as bad as it was last year. :P ......especially since I wil be set up. :acclaim:

Hi Mike, :hi: I hope this turns out to be a decent show. We need something local like this in between the Megacon/FX shows. Not sure which day I'll be there, but I will stop by and visit.

I owe you a book don't I? hm

I'm sorry I even bothered to inquire about the dealer's badge Mike...I read the promoter's site to find out they were charging $40 per additional badge...that's nuts!

I'm actually pretty stoked to go tomorrow and spend at least a few hours walking the halls and doing deals (hopefully :wishluck:), though honestly I tend to buy more dollar books at conventions like this then anything else. Joey's got about 800 warehouse books that I've already agreed to pick up.

Mmm....dollar books and high grade Golden Age with virtually nothing in between.....what an odd freakin' collector I turned out to be. :insane:

Did I hear warehouse books? hm

Jim

Yes you did. I will be there probably from 4 to 6 PM. Thats the only time I can get away. Anyone know what the entrance fee is?

$20 at the door, $15 if you go to the website and pay (which I just did).

$20 is a lot to ask for a one day admission to a 2nd year show with no track history....let's hope its half-way decent. :wishluck: