• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper no more..............

Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?

317 posts in this topic

This was the question

"Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move? "

You commented... I dont give rats azz. You shouldve stopped right there. If you cannot post something constructive then STFU

This was the question

"Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move? "

You commented... I dont give rats azz. You shouldve stopped right there. If you cannot post something constructive then STFU

lol this coming from the guy with more gremlin posts then anyone on the boards

i don't give a rat’s azz what anyone collects. but i will always despise people collecting for the number on the top of the slab. in my opinion that is not comic collecting at all.

Well golly gee. If you said you dont give a rats azz what anyone collects then why bother saying anything after that statement?

Oh, and I despise people who despise other people.

:/

Ze-

like i said i wouldn't expect the CGC gang to agree with me, but he asked. are we being sensitive or something?

and it's not the person i dispise, it's the collecting style

That graemlin in my post was a smirk btw, I was being a smart azz. :makepoint: And if you really didn't care what other people collected you would not have said otherwise. But you did.. so I of course felt the need to point it out to you!

And I am not sure what gang you are talking about, last time I checked there were plenty here who do not understand label chasing, including myself. But that does not mean I do not respect their right to do so. Not to mention all this does not apply to Danny because he isnt buying 9.8's blindly, he is buying what he sees in front of him.

So next time you want to say you dont care about what people collect, make sure you preface that with an * ok?

Ze-

i

i don't give a rat’s azz what anyone collects. but i will always despise people collecting for the number on the top of the slab. in my opinion that is not comic collecting at all.

Well golly gee. If you said you dont give a rats azz what anyone collects then why bother saying anything after that statement?

Oh, and I despise people who despise other people.

:/

Ze-

like i said i wouldn't expect the CGC gang to agree with me, but he asked. are we being sensitive or something?

and it's not the person i dispise, it's the collecting style

That graemlin in my post was a smirk btw, I was being a smart azz. :makepoint: And if you really didn't care what other people collected you would not have said otherwise. But you did.. so I of course felt the need to point it out to you!

And I am not sure what gang you are talking about, last time I checked there were plenty here who do not understand label chasing, including myself. But that does not mean I do not respect their right to do so. Besides all this does not apply to Danny because he isnt buying 9.8's blindly, he is buying what he sees in front of him.

So next time you want to say you dont care about what people collect, make sure you preface that with an * ok?

Ze-

i don’t care what titles, eras, genres etc.

I somewhat understand where you're coming from, even if I wouldn't use your rather strong language over it. After all, I'm a low-grade collector if there ever was one! But having met Danny and talked comics with him, I can say that he has more of a genuine passion for high grade books (as opposed to "collecting labels") than anyone you'll ever meet. Think you're barking up the wrong tree here. Just my 2c...

:shy:

you know it’s that kind of collecting that brings all the crooks to the table, trimming, pressing, etc.

i think it stinks up my hobby.

i’m not saying he is to blame for all that obviously, but that collecting style breeds it.

i think it's funny that you've managed to read MK's mind, such that you know why he collects the way he does.

and your definition of "label chasing" and mine differ. i suspect i am not the only one your definition differs from

you know it’s that kind of collecting that brings all the crooks to the table, trimming, pressing, etc.

i’m not saying he is to blame for all that obviously, but that collecting style breeds it.

So who DOES have the right to collect HG books? Should we all boycott them and just collect mid-grades?

I don't see anything wrong with wanting pristine books. And, I don't think we should pass the blame on to the victims when it comes to trimming, etc. There's plenty of frauds out there manipulating lower grade books too. Greed doesn't stop or start in the 9 plusses.

So who DOES have the right to collect HG books? Should we all boycott them and just collect mid-grades?

I don't see anything wrong with wanting pristine books. And, I don't think we should pass the blame on to the victims when it comes to trimming, etc. There's plenty of frauds out there manipulating lower grade books too. Greed doesn't stop or start in the 9 plusses.

high grade is one thing. but a specific number, "9.8" which is usually BS anyways as shown in multiple pressing threads, that is another thing all together

i think it's funny that you've managed to read MK's mind, such that you know why he collects the way he does.

and your definition of "label chasing" and mine differ. i suspect i am not the only one your definition differs from

He must have mutant powers lol

high grade is one thing. but a specific number, "9.8" which is usually BS anyways as shown in multiple pressing threads, that is another thing all together

you realise this makes absolutely no sense, when carried out to its logical conclusion. not to mention that MK frequently swapped out books for ones with nicer eye appeal

What does this even mean? It's totally incoherent, even for you.

Monstro: Nobody is accusing you because of the opinion you gave (you're indeed right in doing so, as that was the question Danny asked) but is the way you gave the opinion that was uncalled for. It's not called being overly sensitive, is just called having a little cooth. Thats all. Your opinion does matter.

Jim