• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London comicon

10 posts in this topic

I have received yesterday a letter from Harley Yee. He says that he will be in London (U.K.) the October 5. The comicon is at the Royal National Hotel. Do you have any infos on this convention ? Do you know a web site ?

Thanks.

I have received yesterday a letter from Harley Yee. He says that he will be in London (U.K.) the October 5. The comicon is at the Royal National Hotel. Do you have any infos on this convention ? Do you know a web site ?

Thanks.

You planning to go Dave ?

If so, let us know how it went...

There are a few shows in London every year and I have thought of going to one myself, but the next one is too short notice...

Thanks.

You planning to go Dave ?

Perhaps...

In fact, i could not go to the Las Vegas comicon 893frustrated.gif

My boss devil.gif said me yesterday that i will be here for professional purpose when the show will begin... mad.gif

• Administrator

The GF sent me an email from British Airways:

Treat yourself to a holiday this winter in London or one of over 30 other

European cities. We're offering exceptional fares for travel November,

2003 through March, 2004 starting at just USD99* (o/w based on r/t purchase

JFK-LON). Great fares are also available for travel now through mid-June,

Sample fares for winter travel include:

New York-London: USD99*

If you live in New York... hell, go to the London comicon. At that price, why not?

I live in the UK, and have been to this comic show many times. It is the largest, and best, in the UK with about 150 tables (not so big compared to the US shows no doubt). A few US dealers turn up (eg Harley) but mostly UK dealers. Those with the biggest inventories would be Silveracre and Incognito Comics. Excellent buys from Paul McCartney (not the Beatle !). Bring cash (£) to get the best deals - some dealers will give 10% off, some just suggest a price.

CGC comics can be found, but people are still wary here about the inflated prices.

The show opens at 12 noon, and for the first 2 hours can be very busy. After that it is easy to move around etc.

Best of luck if you visit.

Got to agree about the lack of CGC stuff, and the prices are MAD!

Steer well clear of the Silver Acre stall, he is the biggest dealer in the UK with an inventory bigger than most US dealers, but the prices are almost as bad as chucks!

If anyone needs any specific info on these then PM me and I will let you know, I've been going to them since the early 90s!

Kev

Got to agree about the lack of CGC stuff, and the prices are MAD!

Steer well clear of the Silver Acre stall, he is the biggest dealer in the UK with an inventory bigger than most US dealers, but the prices are almost as bad as chucks!

If anyone needs any specific info on these then PM me and I will let you know, I've been going to them since the early 90s!

Kev

i've been to his web site....he is just England's verzion of Gman, oops.....I mean Chuck.