• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Print run question

29 posts in this topic

Not as big as thoe numbers above, but didn't Walt Disney's Comics and Stories sell about a million copies A MONTH during its height in the 40s and 50s?

And it was all done based on the strength of story and art (as well as some highly recognizable characters) -- no gimmicks.

Where are you guys getting those numbers? I often find myself wondering about print runs for certain books... If they're not valiant tho, I don't know where to go look...

Geez! I guess where I was getting them was waaaaaay off!!! :o I bought a copy of "The Standard Catalog of Comics". It lists distribution numbers for books. Apparently it is not exactly on the ball though! I knew the X-Men books sold in the millions.... but I sure as heck didn't think it was 9!!!

John doh!

Superman 75....4 million

Where are the print run numbers? That would be very useful information. (thumbs u

They came out shortly after Supes 75 shipped, I saw a cartoon somewhere back in 93 that said "Here lies 4 million copies of the worlds greatest scam"