• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Signed ASM 50

ASM 50  

96 members have voted

1. 1. ASM 50

26 posts in this topic

Hey all, a friend is thinking I'm grading this book a little more hard than I ought to. SO, I'm wondering what the rest of you think. The signature is definitely legit having had one of the SS Witnesses acquire it for me so no worries there. I'll post the back cover when I get home, but it's in pretty good shape (better than the front IMO). Anyhow, what are your thoughts?

Signed-ASM50Front.jpg

:( yes... someone did trace around "Amazing Spider-Man". Not a massive deduction in the lower grades, but definitely detracts from presentability.

And yes, there is a little piece along the bottom left corner that is missing, but on the bottom right, it is fold over (still hanging on).

I said 2.5. It looks generally worn. The ink is a huge detractor even if allowed at this grade. Have you considered dry cleaning the lettering? I don't even know if that removes ink, but it looks like everything is within the white and this is a low grade book anyway.

Well, dry cleaning servies are expensive when compared the total value. If it was a 6.0 or better, I might consider it (?), but as is it wouldn't be worth the added expense. Plus, I'd hate to chance messing up the signature by JRSR. Still, I initially graded it as a 1.8 (I'm the one dude who voted that way as well) based heavily on the presentability ding caused by the writing. I would say aside from the writing, it easily presents as a 2.5 / 3.0. I bought it from a fellow boardie for around OSPG value for a 1.8 as well, so I think both of us got a pretty good deal all considering.

:( yes... someone did trace around "Amazing Spider-Man". Not a massive deduction in the lower grades, but definitely detracts from presentability.

And yes, there is a little piece along the bottom left corner that is missing, but on the bottom right, it is fold over (still hanging on).

Thanks, I will stick with the 2.0. (thumbs u

Looks like a classic Good 2.0 to me guys.

Lots of wear, some writing (not refering to the sig) :insane: , no big peices out and and cover still attached.