• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING SPIDEY 1 9.6

115 posts in this topic

Well, that book didn't look yellow in person but it did have the translucent cover that some of the posters dislike. The book actually sold for around $17,500 CASH the night of the preview. shocked.gif

There will be ALOT more coming out of the chute within the next 3 months. Only the beginning.

Ya think? tongue.gif There are only 7 (SEVEN) ASM 1s up for auction at Heritage in December. That doesn't look like people trying to eke out whatever they can before the music stops or anything.

By the way, if I had one of the lesser grade dupes up in that auction, I'd be out of that auction so fast people would think barry allen is back from the dead. They are screwed.

Although I know the owner of the 29 9.6 was at one time the same person that tried to sell the 122 9.8 and 33 9.8 on Ebay. Could very well be him.

Both those books are (as well as a 9.8 121) up in this auction as well. Can we assume it's the same guy? If so, who is that guy?

1). baron landgrabber - No, nice guess though

the chocolate man - No, Chocolate business is still good

the king of ebay - No, The self proclaimed King of Ebay while still enjoying comics is very business with family.

dont think its tommy b altho he has TWO runs of spidey 1-100, his A run (9.6 -9.8's) and his B run more 9.6's - Not his run and he feels sorry for this seller.

Blazingbob should put up his ff run, cmon bob, do it do it do it - Blazingbob sold many of his Spiderman's month's ago and paid off many of his debts in building his business. I still have a lowly 9.2 Amazing Fantasy #15 which I will keep for awhile.

This seller is selling for business reasons, not because of market speculation. I did not sell him many of the books listed, if I did it was through the East Coast exchange you all know and love

Well, I walked by the Mint's table and they were talking about that sale as if they did not buy it so the mystery is still out there! Find it my omnipotent one! tongue.gif

Notch Top could be on to something here. When I emailed him regarding his ASM 121 or 122 or whatever it was (he also had an ASM 33 9.8 but then again who doesn't? tongue.gif)..he replied back with a list of about 30 9.4 and above pre-100 ASM books. This was about 2 months ago. So there's a decent chance it's him. As the books that I can remember are similar..although he did have an ASM 98 that had a double cover which isn't on there, so then again it could not be him.

Brian