• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll Poll

What do we argue about next?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What do we argue about next?

64 posts in this topic

Certainly JC, who doesn`t know squat about the GA, wouldn`t be able to provide the same level of comic relief that has so far.

You don't actually think that a lack of knowledge and understanding about a topic would stop him from aserting himself into a discussion do you?

lol(tsk)

Certainly JC, who doesn`t know squat about the GA, wouldn`t be able to provide the same level of comic relief that has so far.

You don't actually think that a lack of knowledge and understanding about a topic would stop him from aserting himself into a discussion do you?

lol Good point!

However, I also think he wouldn`t bring the same level of emotion to it either.

I stayed away from Best Artist because that's Kirby, hands down. Cover artist is a better, more arguable category.

As for costume, I think that's an interesting idea. Since many characters have had multiple or variations to their costumes (a la Iron Man), we should go with the most recognizable or common one. For Daredevil, it's the red suit. For Iron Man, it's the gold and red armor he wore for most of the 1970s and 80s. For Phantom Lady (my personal choice), it's the blue shorts and halter, not that green DC has her in now.

I stayed away from Best Artist because that's Kirby, hands down. Cover artist is a better, more arguable category.

As for costume, I think that's an interesting idea. Since many characters have had multiple or variations to their costumes (a la Iron Man), we should go with the most recognizable or common one. For Daredevil, it's the red suit. For Iron Man, it's the gold and red armor he wore for most of the 1970s and 80s. For Phantom Lady (my personal choice), it's the blue shorts and halter, not that green DC has her in now.

I don't think Kirby's the best artist. He's a good one, but I can think of many others I prefer.

Kirby is a legend and gets all my respect for helping create some of the best comic hero's there are....but some of his art is just plain bad!!!

I don't think Kirby's the best artist. He's a good one, but I can think of many others I prefer.

I think the artist challenge would be the most fun of the bunch. True Adams and Kirby will have legions of fans but thats what makes it fun minus insults. Hopefully it stays somewhat lighthearted. I think there will be some surprises. I think McFarlane and Jim Lee will also have backers. Dont forget Alex Ross! Byrne another fave but really similar to Adams. I like Everett and Ditko. Romita Sr(and JR maybe) hm Cole perhaps. Steranko! Would love to see this happen

Best Artist has been one bandied about in JC's BA Series as of late.

Copper Age is still out there. (Especially to be hosted by one in our midst who was acknowledged in the recent Wizard. lol )

I'd still offer up the Marvel Villains and see if anyone wanted to ante in any prizes.

Maybe we could try to decide what to name an Age in-between Copper and Modern. If the Copper Age ended around 1991 and it is now 2007, then I have a difficult time labeling a 15 year old book as a Modern. Just a thought. (shrug)

We'll call it... The Aluminium Age!

Maybe we could try to decide what to name an Age in-between Copper and Modern. If the Copper Age ended around 1991 and it is now 2007, then I have a difficult time labeling a 15 year old book as a Modern. Just a thought. (shrug)

I dunno, the thought of that makes my teeth hurt. :eek:

Ok how about The Nickel Age

Here's some ideas:

Copper Age is a good one.

Golden Age will probably be like Silver in that we know the Final 2 going in.

I started making a list for another one and wanted to get people's input. (I didn't want to float this out until the end of the BA series. But, the "polls" out of the bag. lol ) I've compiled a list of Marvel villains. I'm at 96 so far which is way too large for a traditional Series unless broken down with different hosts. The reason I went with Marvel villains is that it takes the "company bias" out of the equation to some extent.

Here are a couple of formats regarding the Marvel Villains I thought of:

1. Have people assigned a "villain or villains" randomly and secretly. If 96 people PM me to participate, each get's a villain. The person who's villain wins, get's some sort of prize. Or even the Top 5, etc. If only, say, 45 people PM me, I'll narrow the list down to 45 or each get's 2, for example.

2. A NCAA Tourney style with the villains. We would have a list of 64 and have to seed them. Ideally, 64 people would PM me and each get assigned 1 villain. (Or 32 and each get 2. ) Again, person who win's get's something. Or Final Four get's something, etc.

The potential problems with these are the size. (I may need help with the Polls.) Trust (we can't all get together and draw choices out of a hat so I would have to be trusted to have selected each person's villain by random. ) Silence (It would be advisable for people to not say who they have lest we have Dr. Doom voted out in the First Round because of a personal grudge, etc. lol )

With the Tourney style, there would have to be trust in terms of "seeding" and "placement". And it may be hard to do a Poll on this one as it would have to be broken down like the Eastern Semi-Finals from Latveria. lol

Since we would assign people characters in each and prizes are potentially involved, I (or whomever hosts) could not participate. That is the only fair way to do it. I would have to remain impartial and not vote.

Lastly, we could just narrow a list down and do a traditional Series.

I was trying to come up with something with a twist on it so we don't burn the Series out.

Here's an idea- do villain selection a la draft. The member playing with the lowest number of posts / newest join date gets first dibs, all the way up until all villains assigned. How's that work? :whistle:

Ok how about The Nickel Age

Now, that's not bad. hm