• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New guy!

43 posts in this topic

Welcome from someone else who only recently stopped lurking. The folks on this board do a great job of keeping things interesting with a good range of topics(old to new). However, watch out!!! All the good talk does seem to lead to a greater purchase in comics and a smaller wallet. Unless your a flipper, of which they can give some advice about that too. laugh.gif

I have noticed that many people, like me, left the hobby for a period, only to return. I wonder if our reasons are similar?

For me, buying new issues just got too expensive. And being an X-Men fan meant it was real expensive! In the late 80s it became impossible for me to keep up.

Same here! Then I moved into a town without a decent comic book store for many many miles. I finally found a decent store by my girlfriend's house that had a somewhat decent back issue section. I'm stocking up on the back issues this month because during September, I get 40% off all back issues if I spend $30 or more! cloud9.gif