• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF1 - the first one I've ever owned!

18 posts in this topic

I was in Wilmington this weekend for the triathlon. I hadn't done one in 10 years, so I just took part in a relay rather than the whole event. While I was in town, I decided that I needed to stop by Memory Lane Comics. I've bought some nice Gold and Silver books there in the past, but I get to Wilmington so rarely, I never know what Adam will have.

Well, this weekend, I looked over a few books, forked over a fistful of Benjamins, and walked out a nice low grade but supple FF1. I've owned all the Marvel keys at one time or another, with the exception of FF1. I guess I could now die happy.

JB

If this is a Marvel Milestone.... :tonofbricks:

Seriously, that is awesome. Show us what you have when you get the chance, and kudos to you for participating in the marathon at ANY level. Very very cool!

'

Well, it was a Marvel Milestone for me, anyway. It's not the reprint, if that's what you mean. It's unrestored, probably a 2.0 on its best day, but it is now mine.

I wish it had been a marathon. Due to an old injury, I am no longer able to run at all. So I just did the swim part of the triathlon.

2.0 in that book is just fine...but what's the deal...despite the bad scan, that book looks way beyond 2.0???

Horizontal tear across lower 1/4 of cover. The book otherwise is very nice - staples are tight, no Marvel chipping, supple pages. I'm very happy with it.