• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Where's the Thread Crucifying MK

134 posts in this topic

Its all good... at least I will remain a hardcore fan of my team despite a collapse unlike most of the fans of the team across town, who mostly jump on the bandwagon and probably cannot even name 10 players on the team they root for :whistle:

Danny,

I have been a New York rangers fan since I was 5. I know the feeling of despair you come to get used to when your team can never get over the hump. In 40 years I had one season where I could tell everyone else where to go. When it comes cherish it...since its not that often.

Rangers and Yanks my whole life. Funny how most New Yorkers are split in the

Yankees, Rangers, Giants

Mets, Islanders, Jets

mode. Personally I have never like either football team. I think it was the fact my dad was a big football fan and liked the giants, so I just picked a team in 1975 (houston) and have rooted for the oilers/titans ever since.

Yeah Man...Earl Campbell...a man amongst boys

Earl-Campbell---Running-with-ball---Photofile-Photograph-C10108309.jpeg

Rangers and Yanks my whole life. Funny how most New Yorkers are split in the

Yankees, Rangers, Giants

Mets, Islanders, Jets

This is true.

One thing I have learned upstate is that there are VERY few Met fans. The break upstate in primarily Yanks/Red Sox.

No disrespect to the Tribe, but I am glad the Yanks are facing them in the first round rather than the Angels. The Angels REALLY have the Yanks number. I'd rather face Indians then Boston than the Angels. :eek:

I think that you will find CC and Fausto very hard to beat this year and that the Yanks will once again be going home early. No disrespect for you personally, but I find it hilarious that the Yanks fans constantly rip the Mets for being . I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the Yankees once again top baseball with a $195 million payroll. The Mets are merely 3rd with only $117 million spent. Imagine if the Mets had another $78 million to spend this year and what they could have accomplished. Maybe they could have even obtained the Wild Card like the Yankees did. Go Tribe!!!

PS The Indians spent a whopping $61 million this year. I am fairly certain any 3 players on the Yankees make more than that.

I'm this close to going to game two at the Jake on Friday. It may be my only time to see the Yankees play before the end of their season.

I find it hilarious that the Yanks fans constantly rip the Mets for being . I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the Yankees once again top baseball with a $195 million payroll. The Mets are merely 3rd with only $117 million spent. Imagine if the Mets had another $78 million to spend this year and what they could have accomplished.

As you demonstrated with the Tribe, payroll doesn't guarantee anything.

That said, should Steinbrenner NOT spend money to field a winning team just because other owners prefer to line their personal pockets instead of putting the revenue out on the field?

Mets are in the same media market and the same geographic/demographic fan base as the Yankees. They charge just as much for tickets and the merchandising is comparable.

The question is: WHY aren't they spending more if payroll is the magical key to success?

In my opinion, the Yanks do overpay for some players. Clemens, Kevin Brown, Mussina for example. AROD returns every penny plus 10 for what he costs.

Would the Indians do the same if they had the dough, or would the owner just line his own pockets?

I find it hilarious that the Yanks fans constantly rip the Mets for being . I am not sure if you are aware of this, but the Yankees once again top baseball with a $195 million payroll. The Mets are merely 3rd with only $117 million spent. Imagine if the Mets had another $78 million to spend this year and what they could have accomplished.

As you demonstrated with the Tribe, payroll doesn't guarantee anything.

That said, should Steinbrenner NOT spend money to field a winning team just because other owners prefer to line their personal pockets instead of putting the revenue out on the field?

Mets are in the same media market and the same geographic/demographic fan base as the Yankees. They charge just as much for tickets and the merchandising is comparable.

The question is: WHY aren't they spending more if payroll is the magical key to success?

In my opinion, the Yanks do overpay for some players. Clemens, Kevin Brown, Mussina for example. AROD returns every penny plus 10 for what he costs.

Would the Indians do the same if they had the dough, or would the owner just line his own pockets?

Further, and just a note - the vast majority of ARod's salary is paid for by Texas.

Yankees starting lineup:

C: Posada: farm prospect

1B: Giambi: free agent, overpaid

2B: Cano: farm prospect

SS: Jeter: farm prospect - sure, he's paid a fortune, but he was a Yankee draft pick.

3B: ARod: acquired by trade for Alfonso Soriano, who the Yankees signed as a minor league free agent, plus Texas is paying the majority of his salary

LF: Abreu: acquired by trade when the Phillies dumped

CF: Damon free agent, overpaid

RF: Matsui - signed as a free agent, now 4@$52, which is reasonable.

because the Mets suffered the worst collapse is baseball history?

Typically, I would be kinder, but Met fan arrogance in June has earned them torture in October.

:popcorn:

:gossip: I thought the worst collapse was and is the 1964 Phillies...

Not any more. lol

because the Mets suffered the worst collapse is baseball history?

Typically, I would be kinder, but Met fan arrogance in June has earned them torture in October.

:popcorn:

:gossip: I thought the worst collapse was and is the 1964 Phillies...

Not any more. lol

It just stuck in my mind that I was sure the Phillies blew a 6 1/2 with 11 or 12 games to go.....which was most drastic drop of games over the shortest span of time.

I think the mets dropped a 7 game lead with 17 or 18 to play, which is still a streak for the ages...just not the worst ever. Being that this is the ESPN age I can see how it might seem more dramatic, though.

I cant wait to bump this thread when the Yanks fail to win anything again :popcorn:

What you fail to understand is that, with your premature crowing, you brought this on yourself.

Unlike you, Yankee fans haven't been bragging since June 1. :makepoint:

I cant wait to bump this thread when the Yanks fail to win anything again :popcorn:

What you fail to understand is that, with your premature crowing, you brought this on yourself.

Unlike you, Yankee fans haven't been bragging since June 1. :makepoint:

You are right, they usually start bragging sometime around December :baiting:

Really? You Yankee fans have been bragging since I was in elementary
But thats ok because we have actually won something since you were in elementary school
How long have you been a Yankees fan? Post 96... of course :/