• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many Green Lantern #1 does a really good auction need?

89 posts in this topic

Still trying to get use to seeing MK in the GA section. :shy: Keep thinking he is going to post a scan of a new X-Men #297 or something. :baiting:

I have seen him post in the SA section too!!!...danny boy is smart in expanding his horizons!

rick

SA is my new thing. Maybe if I get a real job I will start to buy some GA

What you paid on just one of your 9.6 SA X-men is probably a higher price than what 99% of GA comics sell for. But, since we don't need the competition, I definitely recommend you stay away from stinky old-fashioned GA comics. :wishluck:

True hm

Still trying to get use to seeing MK in the GA section. :shy: Keep thinking he is going to post a scan of a new X-Men #297 or something. :baiting:

I have seen him post in the SA section too!!!...danny boy is smart in expanding his horizons!

rick

Smart=:naughty:

Expanding his horizons hm

rick

SA is my new thing. Maybe if I get a real job I will start to buy some GA

What you paid on just one of your 9.6 SA X-men is probably a higher price than what 99% of GA comics sell for. But, since we don't need the competition, I definitely recommend you stay away from stinky old-fashioned GA comics. :wishluck:

True hm
:busy:

A first issue key, a terrific cover, origin retold, and 3 stories without Toby Pickles.

Other perceptions aside, Green Lantern #1 is a great book. (thumbs u

"Toby Pickles", your too kind, Doiby Dickless is more appropriate. He virtually kill the collectiing value of these books by being on every frickin cover for way too long.

The terrible art on many of the covers definitely doesn't help. :gossip:

A first issue key, a terrific cover, origin retold, and 3 stories without Toby Pickles.

"Toby Pickles", your too kind, Doiby Dickless is more appropriate. He virtually kill the collectiing value of these books by being on every frickin cover for way too long.

Finally.....someone had to say it....

terrible? I like this one:

GL37Church.jpg

GL37Church.jpg

I'll see your "decent" cover and raise you a couple of "masterpieces":

540932.jpg

540997.jpg

GL37Church.jpg

540932.jpg

540997.jpg

tim,

did you buy those MH from heritage last month?

if so, congrats! (I knew george had gotten one)

rick

540932.jpg

540997.jpg

Tim, I know it is all a matter of opinion...but it is crazy to me to call these covers masterpieces after earlier saying Alex Schomburg was overrated.

They are very pretty, mostly due to the colors and grade. I actually like the GL #37 cover a little better.

I get the idea of the simple beauty of some comic covers. And I certainly understand that Schomburg could be very busy.

But he could also create very strinking superhero covers that were not over done.

So I'll see your masterpieces and give you two alternate MONA LISAs...

mm26.jpg

fightingyank6.jpg

Tim, I know it is all a matter of opinion...but it is crazy to me to call these covers masterpieces after earlier saying Alex Schomburg was overrated.

Did every one's sarcasm-meter go on the fritz? Tim is "showcasing" examples of terrible GL covers to prove to us that for every just okay GL cover there are many horrible ones. He does not like those he posted. He had his sarcasm keyboard all fired up on that one ... which happens to be his only keyboard. :baiting:

Did every one's sarcasm-meter go on the fritz? Tim is "showcasing" examples of terrible GL covers to prove to us that for every just okay GL cover there are many horrible ones. He does not like those he posted. He had his sarcasm keyboard all fired up on that one ... which happens to be his only keyboard. :baiting:

Sorry, my bad...Wow, how did I miss that? I am sarcastic to a fault.

In that case, Tim, you have a great eye for "masterpieces"! (thumbs u

though he shouldn't have " " around the decent when describing the #37 - its a good cover.

I agree.