• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Issues that elude....

97 posts in this topic

I can't find copies of any issue of Fast Willie Jackson over VF, and most I can't get over Fine. I've been looking for four years. It took 22 months just to complete the run (1-7) in any condition.

Fibber. Several of your copies are much higher than VF. (worship)

Check Ebay seller...THE PENNSYLVANIA COLLECTION. They look pretty sweet.

The seller will make a deal if you buy the whole set.

She has had them up forever and keeps putting them on sale. No takers yet. Her grading is spot on and great service.

Wonder Woman #6, lol..still the only one I am missing...

and it scares me that I have a bunch of the books on your, list, Steve...(except I erased the words "High Grade;)

Yeah, our mutual friend and I only looked for 8.0 or better unrestored copies. Paid top dollar as well and still could not find those issues :pullhair:

Never cared or asked if they were pressed though....... :baiting:

Couldn't help myself, had to say that :sorry:

lol

Thanks, I'll check it out. I think that's the same seller I bought a "test" copy (to test her grading) from and the book was overgraded by two grades. I could be wrong, but I'll double check when I get home.

and it scares me that I have a bunch of the books on your, list, Steve...(except I erased the words "High Grade;)

Yeah, our mutual friend and I only looked for 8.0 or better unrestored copies. Paid top dollar as well and still could not find those issues :pullhair:

lol

(tsk) You will draw attention to the Mods! :baiting:

lol

:o:blush:

I have had good luck. Every one has a off day though (shrug)

Like I said, it could be another seller, but I can't hit eBay at work so I'm not sure, I'll post back in this thread when I figure it out so I don't unfairly tarnish this sellers name if I'm mistaken.

lol

:makepoint: (that's for the Pressed) ...(I can get away with it, cause I'm a mother...)

He's promised to come to a show in NY (probably) in April...that's if we can both remember, so nag him...;)

lol

:makepoint: (that's for the Pressed) ...(I can get away with it, cause I'm a mother...)

He's promised to come to a show in NY (probably) in April...that's if we can both remember, so nag him...;)

Not many things I enjoy in life as much as nagging him. It has become a hobby lol

Looking forward to seeing you in NYC! Will you be at the National in November? :wishluck:

lol

Not many things I enjoy in life as much as nagging him. It has become a hobby lol

Looking forward to seeing you in NYC! Will you be at the National in November? :wishluck:

Knock on Wood, yes...:) I think Sat...I have to check::)

for myself, i was/am surprised at the difficulty i'm having in finishing off my current vol. 5 modern Captain America run.

there's a couple issues (see my sig) which i've searched high and low for that are just impossible to find in high grade. even in the census, the numbers are especially low for 9.8's in the series (except for #1 and #25, obviously)

that being said, if anyone could help me out with the books i need in my sig, i would pay premium prices for them!

Wow, let me see! I'm not a GA collector but some of the SA and BA's have been giving me fits!

BA -

Captain Marvel #29 and 31 in NM or higher. I have them in VF/NM but getting them higher has been eluding me.

Thanks to Dad & Son I was able to upgrade my Starlin Run on ST 178 - 181 from VF/NM to slabbed 9.4 - 9.6 (and Winnipeg copies to boot!). They were a problem for awhile.

ASM 113-114 in NM- or higher (raw)

FF - 190 in NM or higher (raw)

SA -

FF # 33 and 37 (both AWESOME covers!) in VF to VF/NNM. I need these for a run from # 30 - 60 in VF or better

These are just the ones in my current collecting focus. I'm not trying to worry about other future toughies until I get to them

lol

:o:blush:

I wonder if any of the Mods have the stones to give Steve a strike? hm

In 9.4 or higher, the issues that elude me greatly exceed the issues that I have managed to find. So I'll just list a few that have been surprisingly difficult because it wasn't that hard to find the surrounding issues in 9.4 or higher:

Brave and Bold 42

Adventure 300

Aquaman 2

JLA 22, 29 (JLA 22 is particularly frustrating, because 21 is one of the easiest early JLAs to find in NM, and while 23 isn't easy to find in HG it's not impossible either. But for some reason 22 just didn't survive in NM in any kind of significant numbers, even the PC copy)