• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how much will a CGG 9.8 ASM 121 sell for?

43 posts in this topic

I contributed to their poor restoration check rep with my Avengers 4 thread a while back.

I'm not making judgements, but I think we should pool our money and have Hammer send CGG some of his "NM+" comics just to see what they come back as.

Speaking from limited personal experience CGG is NOT stricter than CGC. I'd be surprised if anyone ponies up $3K for a CGG book.

Speaking from limited personal experience, I *would* say that CGG is stricter.

O.K. what books have you resubbed from one company to the other? I bought this book as a CGG and resubbed to CGC, results aren't good. Would you spend $3K on the ASM 121 and chance this happening?

im1.jpg

imcgg.jpg

im1label.jpg

Speaking from limited personal experience CGG is NOT stricter than CGC. I'd be surprised if anyone ponies up $3K for a CGG book.

O.K. what books have you resubbed from one company to the other? I bought this book as a CGG and resubbed to CGC, results aren't good. Would you spend $3K on the ASM 121 and chance this happening?

im1.jpg

imcgg.jpg

im1label.jpg

hey, thats a cool 2 cents variant huh?

In not to picky about miswraps on a really HG book, but this one looks silly.

Maybe they should focus on the difference between a 9.4/9.6 more and a little less on 'snazzy' grader's notes on the label.

I'm all for these new report card style labels with notes, but what is that all worth when you can use all that information to come up with the proper determination when it comes to grade?

im1.jpg

imcgg.jpg

im1label.jpg

My guess is that CGC downgraded for that terrible miswrap.....and CGG didn't. confused-smiley-013.gif

The difference in PQ concerns me though.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What concerns me more is the difference in PQ.

Oh yeah, compared to a VF/NM soiled copy getting a quick clean and clip, and then into a CGG 9.8 slab... a PQ problem sure is more a puzzler. makepoint.gif

Given that PQ is less subjective how is it that one says w and the other says ow/w.

Maybe it was the cleaming fluids that caused the pages to brown?