• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashville horror and comic fest

60 posts in this topic

Since my recent emigration from Chicago, I have been foced to attend conventions in the Tennessee boondocks like a common hilljack. Such sacrifices...

Anyone else going? Jeff, are you setting up still? Anyone been before?

Nice comments about TN & Mark's show.

Don't be so sensitive, I was obviously kidding. :screwy:

For those of you easily offended, I love Tennessee and Nashville. No place I would rather be. :cloud9:

Since my recent emigration from Chicago, I have been foced to attend conventions in the Tennessee boondocks like a common hilljack. Such sacrifices...

lol

Shouldve came to NY

Columbia?

lol

Shouldve came to NY

Columbia?

Vanderbilt was foolish enough to give me a scholarship. Now they are stuck with me.

Have you been? Lots of comics or mostly horror?

Sorry I haven't been, or I'd give you an information dump. I'm sure it is heavy on the horror...

But the promoter is a nice guy. I'd go for fun if I were in town. You're going to a great school too. I'd rather go there than Columbia; especially if they are giving you $$.

Could be worse.....you could be in Arkansas where they don't take kindly to them funny book shows......

:grin:

It will be a decent show. I will have my complete inventory there with lots of Golden Age, pre code horror, high grade silver age and bronze age and 12 boxes of CGC books. Might even bring some original art.

Hopefully we can get a post show poker game together too.

Yep, I'll be there, this will be my fourth year and always enjoy it (thumbs u

BTW, any of you dealer types that are going...please bring some War books! :wishluck:

it's not a very good show October.

who wee wee`d in your corn flakes this morning ---

just because you had a bad experience dont $#!+ on it

rantrant

It "is" the biggest comic show in Ky or TN -- lots of comic dealers from all over the eastern US -- Dale Roberts , Leroy Harper , even Crazy Ed always comes up every year -- Marc works on this show year-round and promotes the heck out of it . 15,000 flyers , 600 tv commercials .. no , it may not have as many comic guests as Mid-Ohio or Charlotte but it not for lack of trying -- most every artist is tired after the long summer and always gives the ""get back with me next year "" response or the ""i just do mid-ohio in the fall "" .... remember when conventions were all over the place every weekend - heck many weekends i would set up in Knoxville on Saturday then drive to Memphis the next day or Evansville on Sat then Cincy on Sunday --- well it aint like that anymore -- lots of cities dont even have a comic show nowdays rantrant

sorry for the rant but Pirates brief review of the show irked me --

P.S. --- nothing personal Pirate :)

link to the main convention page-- Nashville Comic and Horror Convention

Yep, I'll be there, this will be my fourth year and always enjoy it (thumbs u

BTW, any of you dealer types that are going...please bring some War books! :wishluck:

I just picked up a nice group of about 100 high grade DC war books which I will have at the show.