• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashville horror and comic fest

60 posts in this topic

it's not a very good show October.

who wee wee`d in your corn flakes this morning ---

just because you had a bad experience dont $#!+ on it

rantrant

It "is" the biggest comic show in Ky or TN -- lots of comic dealers from all over the eastern US -- Dale Roberts , Leroy Harper , even Crazy Ed always comes up every year -- Marc works on this show year-round and promotes the heck out of it . 15,000 flyers , 600 tv commercials .. no , it may not have as many comic guests as Mid-Ohio or Charlotte but it not for lack of trying -- most every artist is tired after the long summer and always gives the ""get back with me next year "" response or the ""i just do mid-ohio in the fall "" .... remember when conventions were all over the place every weekend - heck many weekends i would set up in Knoxville on Saturday then drive to Memphis the next day or Evansville on Sat then Cincy on Sunday --- well it aint like that anymore -- lots of cities dont even have a comic show nowdays rantrant

sorry for the rant but Pirates brief review of the show irked me --

P.S. --- nothing personal Pirate :)

link to the main convention page-- Nashville Comic and Horror Convention

I've gone three years straight and have not been impressed. I guess it has improved slightly from the shopping center days.

rantrant

It "is" the biggest comic show in Ky or TN -- lots of comic dealers from all over the eastern US -- Dale Roberts , Leroy Harper , even Crazy Ed always comes up every year -- Marc works on this show year-round and promotes the heck out of it . 15,000 flyers , 600 tv commercials .. no , it may not have as many comic guests as Mid-Ohio or Charlotte but it not for lack of trying -- most every artist is tired after the long summer and always gives the ""get back with me next year "" response or the ""i just do mid-ohio in the fall "" .... remember when conventions were all over the place every weekend - heck many weekends i would set up in Knoxville on Saturday then drive to Memphis the next day or Evansville on Sat then Cincy on Sunday --- well it aint like that anymore -- lots of cities dont even have a comic show nowdays rantrant

I've gone three years straight and have not been impressed. I guess it has improved slightly from the shopping center days.

Well, I wasn't there last year, so I don't know about the show, and I don't know if Leroy was either.

Besides, I don't think he claimed it was San Diego or anything. What are you looking for? And what would it take to impress you? Maybe if you tell the show promoter what you like, he would try to accomodate. Who knows.

I'll be there on 1 table. Maybe Andy wants to watch the booth so I can go to the bathroom :baiting:

Poker game sounds great and I owe Dale a few beatdowns from Charlotte. I'm sure Marc will get something going. I'll bring some chips as backup.

What's the main hotel where dealer's will be staying?

rantrant

Well, I wasn't there last year, so I don't know about the show, and I don't know if Leroy was either.

Besides, I don't think he claimed it was San Diego or anything. What are you looking for? And what would it take to impress you? Maybe if you tell the show promoter what you like, he would try to accomodate. Who knows.

I don't need him to accommodate and I never said it was a top con. Andy asked how it was and I said I didn't like it, get over it.

:hi: I will be there on Sunday Looking for Double Cover Amazing Spider-Man comics and cheap Bronze Age Marvel's. :wishluck:

:) I have been the last 3 years and I think it is a good show most all the dealers are comic books which is what I go for. :cloud9: most of the guest are Horror related though. I had fun and bought some nice comics so I will be going back this year. (thumbs u

I have never really understood why people buy from Ed, but they do. His prices seem high to me when I look, but maybe he prices high and bargains down. I know one thing, he works his table HARD. I was next to him at one show in Atlanta, and it was amazing. I swear some people bought books from him just so he would leave them alone. He should have been a used car salesman.

I have never really understood why people buy from Ed, but they do. His prices seem high to me when I look, but maybe he prices high and bargains down. I know one thing, he works his table HARD. I was next to him at one show in Atlanta, and it was amazing. I swear some people bought books from him just so he would leave them alone. He should have been a used car salesman.

I avoid Ed. I used to argue with him over the pricing -- the last thing I ever told him was that "crazy" was a good title -- his prices have no attachment to reality, and that you'd have to basically be a sucker to buy from him.

I avoid Ed. I used to argue with him over the pricing -- the last thing I ever told him was that "crazy" was a good title -- his prices have no attachment to reality, and that you'd have to basically be a sucker to buy from him.

but you get a free reading copy with every slab purchase.

I just picked up a collection with about 2000 comics that are mostly silver and bronze. Also got in the collection two magazine boxes of golden age. Most of the golden age is neither Marvel or DC but some interesting stuff with grades fron G to VF+.

I also recently picked up a collection with about 1000 silver/bronze which mostly are going into the $2, $3 & $5 boxes. Lots of new stuff in my inventory so look me up and let me know who you are.

First off, thanks for taking my chips away at the card game in Baltimore. Second, thats just it, Ed happens to be a very good salesman. My brother knows him from when he used to set up at my brother's shows in Florida. He can sell anyting.

I just picked up a collection with about 2000 comics that are mostly silver and bronze. Also got in the collection two magazine boxes of golden age. Most of the golden age is neither Marvel or DC but some interesting stuff with grades fron G to VF+.

I also recently picked up a collection with about 1000 silver/bronze which mostly are going into the $2, $3 & $5 boxes. Lots of new stuff in my inventory so look me up and let me know who you are.

Any 5.0 or better pre-code horror or sci-fi in that golden age lot?

I will look you up. Do you go by lhcomics at cons? Will the booth be labeled?

Ed has talent for salesmanship that is for sure.

Oh, and he wasn't a cop; he was a tax professional. I asked him myself.

CRAZY ED, what a character...