• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How will WWHulk END???You decide!

57 posts in this topic

Fine, this is what I've heard on the grapevine - not from anyone involved with the book (swipe to read):

Hulk and Sentry battle it out. They keep pounding away at each other in a massive slugfest until eventually only their human alter egos remain. Banner is shown to have been in control the entire time and breaks down. At the end they capture Banner and carry him off.

So, pretty much what I'd heard with a couple of minor points omitted. Kind of disappointed about what happens to Rick Jones, who was brought back for this?

Yeah, I think I was trying to block it out. I had to look at the page again to see what had happened.

So, pretty much what I'd heard with a couple of minor points omitted. Kind of disappointed about what happens to Rick Jones, who was brought back for this?

Spin-off ads are, um, interesting.

I dont think its long lasting.

If you look at one of the ambulances in the background you see him being loaded in and not covered by sheet

IMO this was another stupid sick attempt by Marvel to get everyone's money for a story that really wasn't there and kind of sucked.

They did the same line in Civil War and we all fell for it hook and line.

I for one am really sick of these stories that just don't shine. I want to see deaths, I want to see permanent things happening. I am not talking about a death of a character we don't even care about.

I want to see the Hulk murder someone that we can look back in 10 years and say don't you remember when the Hulk set fire to NYC and murdered him.

I mean, Civil War was just a joke. I mean who in their right mind would committ to a war like that and just throw up your hands and say gee sorry.

I don't know. I guess as a retailer I am sick of seeing the past 2 years be a Civil War/Planet Hulk/WWHulk thing. From all this we have spawned at least 3-4 new monthly titles that will end up being cancelled and worthless. I say just stick to what is good and if your going to make a crossover thing, make it at least of lasting quality.

My greatest fear is that we are about to revisit the 90's when people just end up saying, "It's too much to buy" and then we have to start all over again.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. House of M, Civil War and Back in Black have been pretty bad but I've enjoyed Planet Hulk and WW Hulk. The core titles of WW Hulk, Incredible Hulk and Front Line have been good. I, for one, LOVE JR JRs artwork. But, I haven't read the last issue. Still, this is nowhere near the 90's and Marvel learned their lesson from that.