• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Complete Marvel Bronze Age

50 posts in this topic

The grades i stuck to buying was fine or better. I do have an upgrade list that i would like to buy better issues of. This quest went on for 23 years. Since i started buying back issue comics. Of course i didnt start out with the idea for this collection. Just buying back issues and floating from genre to genre and putting together sets. I also have a pretty good collection of Curtis mags, silver marvels and alot of 80s to present comics! Yes i still buy new books each week....yes i am having a big space problem!! I never bought any DCs (but I did collect Lobo who should have his own title again!!! Even of its the same joke over and over i like it!!!!) so its all Marvel!

What are the average grades on this set and did you completly stick to this quest and never deviate? Thanks and again you are incredibly focused!!!!!!!!!!!! (worship)

Thanks alot Jeff! It was great joining the boards and thinking i was the only insufficiently_thoughtful_person trying to put this thing together. I was about 200 aways and chipping away at that number...then i met jeff...who was 37 away!!! (You beat me to the goal!!!) it was nice to see someone else with the same idea...and Jeff is captain of data....spreadsheets...hooked me up with alot of dupes he bought....Jeff is the man!

Lookie, lookie, lookie here... congratulations, Frank! :banana: 7 months ago you had over 100 books to go... and the last 100 is always the hardest. Now it's all done. Take some time off and start reading.

For those of you who have never put together something like this let me tell you, it's one of the most insane things you'll ever do. To most collectors a 4300 issue run might as well be a hundres-billion-jillion-million... the number is just insane. By the time you get done you just want to die and never look at another comic again... but that wears off in about a week and you find yourself doing constant upgrades.

Once again, a big congratualtions to you Frank. You deserve it.

Thanks alot Jeff! It was great joining the boards and thinking i was the only insufficiently_thoughtful_person trying to put this thing together. I was about 200 aways and chipping away at that number...then i met jeff...who was 37 away!!! (You beat me to the goal!!!) it was nice to see someone else with the same idea...and Jeff is captain of data....spreadsheets...hooked me up with alot of dupes he bought....Jeff is the man!

Lookie, lookie, lookie here... congratulations, Frank! :banana: 7 months ago you had over 100 books to go... and the last 100 is always the hardest. Now it's all done. Take some time off and start reading.

For those of you who have never put together something like this let me tell you, it's one of the most insane things you'll ever do. To most collectors a 4300 issue run might as well be a hundres-billion-jillion-million... the number is just insane. By the time you get done you just want to die and never look at another comic again... but that wears off in about a week and you find yourself doing constant upgrades.

Congrats, an awesome collecting accomplishment!

Too bad you obviously spent all your money and have none left for a digital camera or a scanner... :baiting: :baiting: :baiting: :baiting:

I've been working on scans but it's very time consuming. At 50/hr it would take 86 hrs to complete and I don't have that much time but I'm getting there. Here is a group shot of the Bronze Age ASMs...

BASpideyGroup.jpg

Cool! How'd you get all the little scan images combined into that one image?

I do my scanning while watching TV at about 70 scans/hr. Doing either one by itself seems a waste. Together they are both still a waste, but at least it feels efficient. :insane:

That's actually a series of screen prints I took from Comic Collector Pro and spliced together. They have a really cool thumbnail feature that let you take a visual inventory of your books.

From one comic-book-whacko to another . . . Absolutely Fantastic! :insane::applause::golfclap:

Thanks alot! Yes that is me and my wife in my avatar...thanks for shaving 8 years off my age!!! Been buying back issues since i was 12...35 now :headbang:

23 years!!! incredible and if thats you and your lady in the avatar you started when you were about 4!! Again awesome and decent grades as well!

Awesome feat, Frank! Good luck now getting all the Marvel/Curtiss Mags from the '70's! You can do it!

Want list

curtis mags...

dracula lives # 3 8 10

monsters unleashed # 3 ann 1

haunt of horror digest #1 2

tales of the zombie #1 10

vampire tales # 3 6 10 11 an 1

masters of terror # 2

tomb of dracula #5 6

marvel comics super spec. #1 5 7 16 33 38 40

marvel preview #2 7 10 11 12

unknown worlds of science fiction # 2 6 spec #1