• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question re: Heritage and raw books

7 posts in this topic

After 13 weeks, the first batch of books that I sent to CGC have finally been "verified". They haven't been graded yet, but at least they've gone through the initial restoration detection phase, and I can now see on the Collectors Society site that 29 of the 30 books have been given Universal status.

My concern is that one book is listed as Qualified, with the notation "Incomplete".

It's a book I bought from Heritage this past June. It was a raw book, but there was no indication in the description that it was incomplete.

Does anyone have any experience with Heritage and their raw books? Do they check to ensure they're complete? Has anyone tried to return a book that was incomplete? What's their policy?

I'm not sure what's missing yet; I figure the grading will be finished this week, and once I get the details I'll give Heritage a ring...

The verdict:

"12th page missing. Does not affect story."

Can't believe I missed it. And Heritage missed it too.

I called Heritage, and while they have a strict 3-day return policy, the Customer Service Manager said that due to the unusual circumstances, he'd accept a return on it and give me a credit note for the value.

It could also mean that the book was produced with one staple which I believe gets the qualified grade. I guess wait to hear what CGC tells you whats missing.

Many books -- especially war era GA -- were produced with one staple. This will not get a Qualified Grade.

Most likely, his qualified is due to a cut coupon on an otherwise high grade book. Also, higher grade books with replaced staples will get a GLOD.

It could also mean that the book was produced with one staple which I believe gets the qualified grade. I guess wait to hear what CGC tells you whats missing.

Many books -- especially war era GA -- were produced with one staple. This will not get a Qualified Grade.

Most likely, his qualified is due to a cut coupon on an otherwise high grade book. Also, higher grade books with replaced staples will get a GLOD.

Understood. I should have clarified and stated books that were produced with two staples sometimes are missing one due to production errors.

Moot now as we know a page was missing...