• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCON - Sunday FEBRUARY 3, 2008 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre

59 posts in this topic

Thanks for the free advice. I’ll take it under advisement.

And I am very excited and very proud of the guest list that I helped assembled for April.

Hope to see you at both up coming events.

I was only 6 in 1975. Wow!!! Wish I was older back then.

Sounds like it was a hell of a line up.

The history books say you were a part of Cosmicon.

Got any pictures? I would love to see them if you do.

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDCC-1-68-2352-13730/arts_entertainment/canadian_comics/

Now I hope clicking on this address works. If not, cut and paste it into your browser. If that doesn't work google CBC Archives Cosmicon. It will come up. Now if your not interested in doing that listen up. The video shows Bill Paul who is now London's town crier as a very articulate teenager, Jeffery Jones when he was just plain old Jeff Jones, a lot of Jim Starlin art, a guy whose name I don't recall but was known as "The Weasel", a lot of art both pro and fan, a lot of fans. I stopped watching with a few seconds to go but there wasn't a woman in the whole thing so that hasn't changed.

I was twenty.

Cosmicon was the first convention (to my knowledge) to be held at a University. The pros came up hearing about what Howie Chaykin called, "Canadian Bacon". By the third year it became the place to be. By fourth year it was a political football and had stopped being fun for the people putting it on. By fifth year there was no fifth year. Everyone had graduated or given up. There was no money in it back then and no reason to continue.

I stopped watching with a few seconds to go but there wasn't a woman in the whole thing so that hasn't changed.

Not true many women and young ladies the past few years at Hobbystar events.

By fourth year it was a political football and had stopped being fun for the people putting it on.

Sorry to hear that, but those type of things happen.

There was no money in it back then and no reason to continue.

Real sorry to hear that.

Thanks for posting the link and history lesson in Canadian comicbook history.

And Ron, fear not the future of Toronto comic book conventions is in very good hands with Hobbystar marketing. :grin:

I stopped watching with a few seconds to go but there wasn't a woman in the whole thing so that hasn't changed.

Not true many women and young ladies the past few years at Hobbystar events.

By fourth year it was a political football and had stopped being fun for the people putting it on.

Sorry to hear that, but those type of things happen.

There was no money in it back then and no reason to continue.

Real sorry to hear that.

Thanks for posting the link and history lesson in Canadian comicbook history.

And Ron, fear not the future of Toronto comic book conventions is in very good hands with Hobbystar marketing. :grin:

lol

:baiting:

This will be the last show for me for a while . I will be listing a few books in the for sale thread (ones I don't think I will have a chance of selling at the show) . Books at the show will NOT be heavily discount but no REASONABLE offer will be refused.

John

Mitch said he'll try to do as many commissions as he can (he'll be working from a list), and he'll also doing Fallen Son sketch cover illustrations for people (for a specific price) if they are interested. He's assembling an advance list, so if anyone wants to make sure they are on his list, let me know and I'll relay that information to him (and he might be able to do it in advance (well, not the Fallen Son covers as you will have to provide the comic at the show). Also, please PM me if you want to know what his prices are.

Exhibitors:

4evercomics

All New Comics

Conspiracy Comics

Cyclone Comics

Dragon Lady

Dragonstar

General Comics (Ron Kasman)

Gravity Toys

Harley Yee

Kevthemev/Joe Shuster Awards

Kewl Collectibles

Kool Kollectibles

Major Comics

Manish Mistry

Mister Comics (Wes Hagen)

MTC Canstar

Myths, Legends & Heroes

Pendragon

Red Nails

The Comic Doctor

Unknown Worlds (Will Wong)

Wyldstar

Guests/Artists Alley/Publishers:

Mitchell Breitweiser (Captain America: The Chosen)

Francis Manapul (Legion of Super-Heroes)

DMF Comics

Andy B.

Agnes Garbowska

Richard Zajac