• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mmmm...are these the same books?

107 posts in this topic

BTW...this negates at least 1,000 of your "graemlin only" posts.

Yea...every 5,000 posts or so...just when you think that he posts absolutely nothing but fluff...a really insightful post comes out of his fingers! shocked.gifcrazy.gif

BTW...this negates at least 1,000 of your "graemlin only" posts.

Yea...every 5,000 posts or so...just when you think that he posts absolutely nothing but fluff...a really insightful post comes out of his fingers! shocked.gifcrazy.gif

Who said he types with his fingers? 893whatthe.gif

Like I said, the boards were slow so I might as well start a decent thread.

I may make a lot of useless posts but generally, I don't start too many non-marketplace threads! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know what you mean. I was getting hammered by banner and his bum buddies (big change there) for comments I made about Sotheby's vs. CGC grading. Then like the Forum Legend that he is, in strides greggy with irrefutable evidence backing up my claims.

That victory tasted sweet, and it was all due to the hard work of our resident Forum Legend.

That's interesting...the stains aren't there on my copy. Can others check their copies and let us know if there's a blue stain in the "O" of "Group" at the top of the cover, and a black ink stain on the "IN" of "imaginary" in the bottom right word bubble.

My copy lacks both defects

I know what you mean. I was getting hammered by banner and his bum buddies (big change there) for comments I made about Sotheby's vs. CGC grading. Then like the Forum Legend that he is, in strides greggy with irrefutable evidence backing up my claims.

That victory tasted sweet, and it was all due to the hard work of our resident Forum Legend.

What are you talking about foolio?

confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure, play dumb now, after I found you the missing Sotheby's catalogue.... foreheadslap.gif

I was talkin' to banner fool! BTW...that catalog sucked like the most of the other later catalogs. All the good stuff were gone by then! frown.gif

Also...confirmed that the Bowling Green collection really sucks! cool.gif

Well?

For the peeps in the crowd, some people were speaking out of their butts about how CGC had made grading soooooo much tighter, 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Then I simply stated the fact that way before CGC, Sotheby's had used a grading committee for their books, and they were at least as tough as CGC.

Let's just say the reception to that comment was..... harsh ..... and it turned into a JC beatdown....

Until greggy dredged out his Sotheby's auction catalogues, and posted the individual grades for some well-known and easily-traceable comics. Sure enough, the Sotheby's committee grade was spot-on (or lower in some cases) to the CGC grade.

The silence was deafening, as was the lack of apologies. 893frustrated.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif but you could have been part of the gang. Have to re-read the thread again! 893censored-thumb.gif

I do know it was comprised of members of banner's bum buddy crew, but he may not have personally taken part. Just pulled the strings.... gossip.gif

Regardless, I was right and they were wrong, end of story. People who doubt my memory will always be incorrect.