• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mmmm...are these the same books?

107 posts in this topic

"Yeah" you were incorrect again, or "Yeah" it's like shooting fish in a barrel to prove you're a liar? confused-smiley-013.gif

I see you've taken over from Bug as the Forum's Biggest Stalker? All you do anymore is follow me around, hurl insults, and act like a tool.... and then list a few more books in Marketplace. Repeat as needed.

At least I'm trying to contribute some info rather than just engage in forum fights.

As I pointed out, before you partook in the discussion, there are unique printing defects on both books indicating they are the same.

Sorry lyin' Joe, but this thread was completely on topic until you blurted out (for no apparent reason) in your usual arrogant manner, "I know what you mean. I was getting hammered by banner and his bum buddies (big change there) for comments I made about Sotheby's vs. CGC grading."

You asked for it with your typical name-calling Joe...and now you're wrong again. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hawk, you seem to be a proponent of CGG. In the other CGG thread you said you thought they were stricter than CGC. So, once again, which books have you resubbed between the 2 companies and what were the results? Are you basing your assumption on actual experience or wishful thinking? Granted I've only got one example of the opposite of your assertion but it's one more than you've offered so far. You're also dismissing something as fishy as the ASM books pretty easily. If tdcomixncardz is somehow affiliated with CGG, which doesn't seem far fetched based on how much he promotes CGG and only sells CGG books as well as the locational proximity of both being in Eugene, then how difficult would it really be to get the books certified in a matter of a couple of days? It also seems that tdcomixncardz reads these boards and pulled the auctions. Now why would he do that if there was nothing fishy going on???

I'm not so much a "proponent" as I am a customer who was satisfied with their work. I haven't resubbed between two companies, so I'm basing my belief in their stricter grading partly on fully-confessed "wishful thinking," but partly on at least some corroboration from Darth...He sold me an USM #1 White that we BOTH agreed was 9.6 (and Darth has enough experience with modern submissions to be fairly reliable). It came back as 9.4, which isn't a BIG deal. But another modern book that I thought was an upper-8 to 9.0 came back at 7.5, which amazed me.

Not being a proponent of CGG, I wouldn't comment at all on the conspiracy theory of that seller being "in cahoots" or not; I just don't know. I thought I had found the answer based on the CGG grading date, but BOC correctly pointed out my error on that one. Still, I'm not sure a book could be bought on Sept. 9, shipped to the seller, re-shipped to CGG, processed, shipped back to the seller, and listed all in 10 days. I guess it's possible; I just see it as difficult.

Personally, I *still* am not convinced that they're the same books. The printing errors on the 121 are common, and some of the spine wear on the 129 that everyone else insists they see in both, I just don't see.

Now, we COULD consider whether cleaning a couple of flecks off a cover would count as restoration, and even if they'd be detected in the first place. Heck, for all we know CGC might not detect a tiny mark being removed (and in fact, they haven't in the past on several occasions).

I'm also perfectly willing to be entirely wrong on this; I'm not "proposing" my point of view as being fiercely correct. I'm very open to being wrong here.

I'd love for CGG to visit us and discuss, but their company contact person once emailed me directly about my own comments on this forum once; when I asked why he wouldn't just address me right IN the forum he stated that his registration had been denied and he couldn't post here. Hmm.

Has anyone even emailed CGG or the seller to just ASK?

FWIW, the CGG people claimed to me in an email that they were almost immediately blocked from posting here when they first registered.

Well, it's not worth much because they were here posting on several threads that involved them before the business even went public. If they actually sent you this communication then they are lying.

I'd love for CGG to visit us and discuss, but their company contact person once emailed me directly about my own comments on this forum once; when I asked why he wouldn't just address me right IN the forum he stated that his registration had been denied and he couldn't post here. Hmm.

More lies. They were posting here before they were even in business and after their "official" launch.

I recall them posting under one ID when their website was initially located by a forum member and a thread started. Then, they came back and made a few posts under a different ID and advised that CGC asked them not to post here. Understandably, I wouldn't want a competitor posting on my forums regarding their service. They were reading the infamous Avengers 4 thread a while back but didn't post. I don't think that there is anything preventing them from posting! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Regardless, I was right and they were wrong, end of story. People who doubt my memory will always be incorrect.

Really?

"I think it was around the time CGC started grading single pages." (Link) 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

When you're proven wrong......you'll do one of two things.

You'll either conveniently ignore it without even an acknowlegement (like you did in that thread)......or you'll just quietly disappear from the thread alltogether. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Nope......just calling it like I see it. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Get some glasses pinhead.

Don't need glasses to see that you go selectively blind or take off like a rabbit when someone proves you wrong, dipstick.

PROVE IT!!!

sumo.gif