• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "NEW" Captain America

99 posts in this topic

Man, am I glad I don't read Moderns anymore. doh!

But surely you will invest in a few issues of this new Cap's 1st appearance.

I am going to buy the superelasticspandexholofoilneopreneorigami variant edition. :)

Oh my, for a just a quick second there, I thought you were gonna' get into a Mary Poppins tune. Come to think of it, that word just might work. hm

Cap doesn't need a gun . . . meh

The first thing I noticed was the gun....waaay out of character for this iconic figure.

Sad...I'm not sure if it's more that the that are "running" Marvel have no respect or knowledge of the heritage they are (poor) stewards of, or if it is so reflective of our times and society..... :sorry:

It is Bucky/ winter soldier no doubt in my mind. I think it is an attempt to modernize an out of date character. May backfire or may be good. Brubaker is writing it after all. I'll give it a look over

Cap doesn't need a gun . . . meh

The first thing I noticed was the gun....waaay out of character for this iconic figure.

Sad...I'm not sure if it's more that the that are "running" Marvel have no respect or knowledge of the heritage they are (poor) stewards of, or if it is so reflective of our times and society..... :sorry:

I don't know look at his roots.

Captain20America20Comics2025.jpg

Captain20America20Comics2027.jpg

Captain20America20Comics2037.jpg

Captain20America20Comics2038.jpg

Captain20America20Comics2041.jpg

His utility belt has a water bottle..............................ugggggghhhhh

Canteen, he's a soldier. The middle-east gets up to 150 degrees. HELLLLOOOO

Middle East? Helllloooo - Cap has not needed canteen, water bottle or anything else for over 60 years and has fought in hell, space, against omnipotent gods, and nearly every enviroment. I do not recall him once stopping for a water break.

Middle East? Helllloooo - Cap has not needed canteen, water bottle or anything else for over 60 years and has fought in hell, space, against omnipotent gods, and nearly every enviroment. I do not recall him once stopping for a water break.

Off panel. :gossip:

He was also turned into a man wolf and wore that rediculous armor in the '90's. Me thinks it's time for a good change.

Not even when he hid behind his shield to protect himself from the supernova in Secret Wars.

That had to be hotter than the Middle East.

Looks dumb. Top part looks flashy then the bottom half looks ruggedly plain.

Yeah, it looks like Cap got caught unzipping out of a black jumpsuit.

Ross is a good artist, but he designs costumes like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

Looks dumb. Top part looks flashy then the bottom half looks ruggedly plain.

Yeah, it looks like Cap got caught unzipping out of a black jumpsuit.

Ross is a good artist, but he designs costumes like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

People said the same of Frank Loyd Wright at first. Time will tell.