• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "NEW" Captain America

99 posts in this topic

C'mon....It's not that bad. Kind of a cross between classic and ultimate Cap. Should've just gone with the Ultimate Cap costume, IMO (I think it's the "coolest" version). But, it could be alot worse. (shrug)

And you know they'll change it back in a year or so.

Is it maybe the cap from that new series that is out right now? The one that is not part of marvel continuity? The Chosen, I think it is called?

Whoops. I didn't see the Newsrama link at the bottom of the initial post. Literacy goes a long ways.

I don't mind the outfit or the guns.

it's a hand gun and a hunting knife

think Crocodile Dundee - "That's not a knife, THIS is a knife"

i'm thinking that the "shiny" element is some sort of armor. my thoughts are that Iron Man/Tony Stark helps convince Bucky/The Winter Soldier to become the new Captain America, to keep the name alive (per Steve Rogers' last words to Tony Stark [Cap #30], and to "save" Bucky [same issue reference].

So Tony Stark helps to provide and "enchance" the Captain America costume. Bucky probably wouldn't want to wear the original costume, so Tony convinces him with a shiny new one :)

Someone tell me this doesn't look exactly like Captain America zipping out of a black jumpsuit. doh!

1012071223_M_CaptainAmericaEpting.jpg

Way to go JC. You ruined it. This new Captain America is like the acrobat from Strange Tales 114 except he's just a Chip'n Dales stripper. He doesn't even fight crime, he just fights back middle age house wives. It's only a squirt gun for his performance not a real gun. And those of you wondering about the water bottle. Well it's just to get him wet for his strip tease act. I hear Thor loves it.

This is the kind of stuff that ticks me off about MARVEL. When they screwed around with that recent ANT-MAN wantabe. I just hated the character. Now they mess with Cap. Who's runnin' Marvel? The JOKER? They sure as he'll are trying pretty hard to run the business into the ground. Come on MARVEL get a clue!

rantrant

All I have to say is that Marvel really screwed the pooch with all the Civil War BS / Death of Captain America/Return of Captain Marvel/Spiderman unmasked/One More Day. All I have to say about moderns right now is "groaaaannn!"