• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling out all Red Socks fans!!

103 posts in this topic

Choked from 3-1. Ouch.

I wouldn't say they choked, more like Boston waking up :)

I lost a huge bet a few years ago when PITT upset INDY in that playoff game. That put the nail in the coffin: The best team somehow is standing at the end - the 2nd best team finds a way to lose...

Yankees were up 3-0 a few years back. Sure enough, Boston Red Sox won FOUR STRAIGHT - never had ever been done in MLB history. Red Sox sweep the highly touted( and favored) Cardinals - 4 games to zip. Red Sox was the best team and won. Yankees 2nd best and was unable to finish the Bosox( games 4 & 5 went like, 12 - 15 innings and still could not scratch out a run to clinch it).

CAL :juggle:

The best team somehow is standing at the end - the 2nd best team finds a way to lose...

That's a pretty simplistic way to look at it.

Injuries, fatigue, streaky players, personal issues, team conflicts, etc, can all have a HUGE effect on a short series of games, and it's not always the best team that wins - otherwise the term "upset" would not exist.

I'm just waiting for 1CoolEngineer to come on here today (and settle up on our wager!).

Congrats again Sox!

I'm here taking my lumps. All wagers will be paid today!!

I can't remember a complete flip in series like that one. Boston couldn't do anything right for three games and then the Tribe couldn't for the next three. I'm happy that the Tribe was able to go the distance but the ending just plain sucked. Go Tribe in 2008!!

Choked from 3-1. Ouch.

I think the Tribe choked. Their bats went completely cold and our ace pitchers couldn't get outs. Thats a choke to me since they only needed one win out of three.

Well , the Red Sox just won. Oh well, Go Rockies!!! :devil:

You mean baseball season still isn't over?!?! :frustrated: Just end it al-freakin-ready and stop interrupting my programming!!!

No Simpsons OR Family Guy last night for a stupid freakin' baseball game!!! :frustrated:

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

belushinik.jpg

What is this freakin' cricket?! This is freakin' America! ONE GAME! Winner take all! Not stupid, longass, drawn-out series of games!

End of :signrant:........... (for now anyway :mad:).

GO ROCKIES!!!!!

(So Big Pappy and Manny are going to have what, like 15 homers a piece in Mile High or are they still deadening the balls over there?)

Maybe Youkilis too, the way he's swinging the bat right now.

GO ROCKIES!!!!!

(So Big Pappy and Manny are going to have what, like 15 homers a piece in Mile High or are they still deadening the balls over there?)

Maybe Youkilis too, the way he's swinging the bat right now.

:cloud9:

Like Social Distortion said "I was wrong". The Indians should have finished it off, but they choked. It was a very sad way to go out and am upset that I had 1st game World Series tix for the first time in my life. At least they are a young team and maybe CC and Fausto can learn from getting hammered in the postseason. I am happy that we at least put the Yankees out of their misery. Good luck to the Sox and I hope they kill the Rockies.